• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Eagle!

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
So yesterday we palyed a round of golf - I've never had an eagle, was close a couple of times on a Par 5 but the putt never happened.

Yesterday's weather was sunny but the wind was not kind for golf! on the 9th we are playing into a stong wind, tee shot down the middle but not very far.....I was 182m from the green playing into this wind, take out my hybrid and play a crisp shot toward the green, slight fade, see the ball bounce and think to myself burdie oppertunity as you can only see the flag and not to the hole.

as we walk up, expecting my ball to lie nice and close to the flag I see no ball.....one of the guys tell me I went over...thought it's possible because my hybrid is my 195m-200m club but playing into the wind that would not be the case!

start searching around the green with no luck. I tell the guys I'm just going to check the hole for the joke of it - low and behold, there was my ball!! Boom - FIRST Eagle and i didn't even see it happened!

This was on a Par 4 Stroke 2 - man I was pumped!! What a feeling!! Best part of it all, it was a temp green as well, you'll see in the back ground the "normal" green is being re-done!

Eagle.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Does the ball go down the hole counter clockwise in South Africa?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Nice!!! Now that you know you can, there's no excuse for not having at least one eagle per round!!!!:D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Temp green?

Hmm, something smells "unofficial" here. :D (Wait, it's just my socks.)

Congrats. Any time you can dunk it from the fairway, it's worth celebrating.

R35

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Temp green?

Hmm, something smells "unofficial" here. :D (Wait, it's just my socks.)

Congrats. Any time you can dunk it from the fairway, it's worth celebrating.

R35
Excuse me sir, but we would appreciate if our new members would post in the introductory forum before posting in the regular threads.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Excuse me sir, but we would appreciate if our new members would post in the introductory forum before posting in the regular threads.

Groin? Meet Greg. Greg, meet groin.

See, I knew you two would hit it off! You must be European, two kisses? How sweet!

R35

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Nice work Chris! Feels good, right?

BTW, what is an "m"? Izzat one of those measurements we decided not to use in USA because it would eliminate the Quarter Pounder at McD's?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.