• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Ever Lesson...

Vicky

Jul 6, 2008
Just let you all know that I'm going on my first ever lesson of golf on Thursday! :D

Vicky :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Have fun! Remember - the best golf swing is a relaxed golf swing.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Dont get frustrated, its gonna take time to build that swing and see the results.

Good Luck. Im in the middle of lessons and having some horrible rounds but not worried about it because it will pay off in time.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Good luck, Vicky. I've been playing for 16 years, and only just taken lessons this year. I've dropped from an 18 handicap to a 9... so Im guessing they work!

Take your time, and just enjoy this beautiful game!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Don't get discouraged if you seem to be playing worse at 1st after the lesson. Sometimes you have to get worse to get better as the new swing takes over until you get used to it.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
I am still waiting to take my first lesson. Probably never will. I was lucky to start as a kid and so it really did not matter that I sucked. With the help of Dad and just figuring things out myself I was able to avoid lessons.

I think once you know how a golf swing works and when you can replicate it most of the time lessons don't mean as much.

But I will say if you don't understand a golf swing then lessons should help.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sometimes trying to do all the things the pro will teach you will tense you up. Stay relaxed when swinging and it should work well.

And DON'T read or try all the bulls**t given in the golf magazines. The worst thing you can do.

Good luck!

:)

OP
V

Vicky

Jul 6, 2008
I think thats one of things that will happen on thursday, I will be stiff as a board lol

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If I were a beginner (right-handed,) I would tee balls up and try to hit them 20 yards with an 8-iron, using only my left hand. Focus on the ball, and just swing back a little, and then through the ball, nice and relaxed. Feel the clubhead swinging. Your arm is just holding the club and letting it swing.

I would do this as often as possible.

OP
V

Vicky

Jul 6, 2008
Well I had my first lesson on thursday and I really enjoyed it and once I got the hand of swinging and being more relaxed and not wanting to hit the ball at full pelt I was really good :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Well I had my first lesson on thursday and I really enjoyed it and once I got the hand of swinging and being more relaxed and not wanting to hit the ball at full pelt I was really good :)
It's taken me 25 years to learn that little fact. Look out LPGA - here comes Vicky!

🔥 Latest posts