• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Hole in One!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Christmas came a day early for me. We drove 2 hours south of here to visit my family for Christmas, and played a round on my old home course on Christmas Eve Morning. It started out cold and windy. We reached #10 having a good day and the sun started to come out. I had a 42 on the front. Tee'd off on #10. It is a interesting par 3 in which the tee box is elevated about 8 to 10 stories above the green. Bunkers on the right, hill to the front and woods to the left, and trees tops that you have to navigate on the way down. It plays about 110 yard. It is a hole that can be played a number of ways in which alot will punch a PW or 9i straight out. I hit a 3/4 SW that I originally lost in the sun. I told my playing partner I lost it, then saw it fall below the sun. It landed about 4 or 5 feet short of the pin. Usually on this green the ball will stop dead because of the elevation. It slowly started rolling towards the pin. My playing partner start yelling for the ball to go. We both thought it would stop, and on what seemed liked the last rotation the ball fell in the hole. My wife was about 50 feet below, because you have to walk up about 50 steps to the men's tee and she thought it was left at first but looked down and saw it creeping towards the cup as well.

This hole was the closest I ever came before, where a ball hit 4 inches in front of the cup, and finished 4 inches behind the cup in a direct line with the pin. Definately one to remember for me, and fortunately it came in the presence of my wife and our friend that we used to play with every week on the first course I ever played.

At least I remembered to bring my American Express Card. :)

I was planning on replacing my SW in the next week or two, that may have to wait a while now.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
... forgot to mention. Just about hooked my driver across the adjacent fairway and into a pond on the next tee shot. :D

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Congrats, if you registered your hole in one with the course you can get a free bag tag with titleist. Go to www.titleist.com and create a new account then on the right side of the site you will see a hole in one link. Click on that and fill it out and they will send you a bag tag.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Congrats and I am insanely jealous....come close before but never dead in...

Where did you play??

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Congrats!! Register it at PGA.com after you get the club pro or course manager to sign off on it. And write all the companies of the products you used, club manufacturer, ball manufacturer etc etc 'cause they'll give you nice things. :)

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Congrats, if you registered your hole in one with the course you can get a free bag tag with titleist. Go to www.titleist.com and create a new account then on the right side of the site you will see a hole in one link. Click on that and fill it out and they will send you a bag tag.
Thanks for the info. I did register it, and he said they would order the plate for the plaques they have in the clubhouse. We are also friends with the people who run the course as we were members there 3 years ago prior to moving. I think it was that much better that it was the course I learned to play on about 6 years ago.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Congrats and I am insanely jealous....come close before but never dead in...

Where did you play??
A course called Ingleside.
http://www.golfingleside.com/golf/proto/golfingleside/

Haven't seen him on here in a while, but RBB has played there as well. Ron Jaworski used to own the course and after he got everything he could out of it he sold it to the current owners.

edit 1 - actually, you can't see the flag in the picture, but from the picture on the top of their website home page, the hill all the way to the right with the tree's is the 10th hole (over the small pine tree). They used to have pictures on the site, next time I am out I will get one if the lady we know that helps run the course doesn't have one to send me.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Congrats!! Register it at PGA.com after you get the club pro or course manager to sign off on it. And write all the companies of the products you used, club manufacturer, ball manufacturer etc etc 'cause they'll give you nice things. :)
Let's see WBL, that would be my trusty Ping i3+ SW. :D Do you think they will make a gold one for me to hang on the wall of fame??? :D :D

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Congrats!

What ball was it?

My closest is 4 feet. And I missed the birdie putt. :(
Strata Tour Professional with a purple line around it and complete with a scuff mark from the cart path on #6. We actually had to search for the ball on #6.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Congrats. Send it to the Golf Channel Too.

They will announce it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Let's see WBL, that would be my trusty Ping i3+ SW. :D Do you think they will make a gold one for me to hang on the wall of fame??? :D :D

FKA Pa Jayhawk

Take a look at these Ping sites and see what you have a chance at winning. If you beat me out I'll demand one of your new clubs :D

http://www.ping.com/global_downloads.html

Schroll down to the bottom!! Hurry before the month is over!! HEY!! I'll bet TaylorMade, Cleveland, Titleist, Bridgestone, Callaway or the others don't do this if you get a hole in one with their club. That darn Ping. :D

OH HEY!! So far this year FKA Pa Jayhawk and I have each got a hole in one using Pings. Anyone else got one this year using a different brand club? (Maybe they ain't so bad?):D

(Since I get all this grief about my Pings all year long I have to return the favor when I get the chance).... :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.