• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Hole in One!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Nice Shot 'Jayhawk:hunter: :wow:

Congrats on the hole in one.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
OH HEY!! So far this year FKA Pa Jayhawk and I have each got a hole in one using Pings. Anyone else got one this year using a different brand club? (Maybe they ain't so bad?):D

Painful. Very painful...

Way to go Jayhawk!

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Anyone else got one this year using a different brand club? (Maybe they ain't so bad?):D

(Since I get all this grief about my Pings all year long I have to return the favor when I get the chance).... :D

I could have had 2 in one round last week, in Spain... At different par 3's, I put one shot on the lip at the 3rd... I mean it... It was honestly about half an inch from going in!!!!! And at the 16th I put my tee shot 6 inches away... That would have been some christmas present...

And no... I don't use Pings... At the moment i'll stick with my Snake Eyes...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wow!! Way to go, Jayhawk!!! I'd been off the board for a couple of days and missed your news. Awesome! Sure to be the first of many...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Awesome man. Now that's a Christmas gift to remember.
icon10.gif
That 'ol sandwedge always knows when you are thinking of replacing it, you'd better keep trusty rusty now. At least make a little "plaque" of some sort with the wedge,ball and a pic of the hole if you do retire him.

atlgolfer

Aug 9, 2006
Congrats and I am insanely jealous....come close before but never dead in...

Same here. Congrats!!!! I hope myself and many many many others will be fortunate as you someday....

I have a friend who always gets excited when he gets to any par 3. He says it seems like he's going to hole it, haven't happened yet but I love his attitude.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Same here. Congrats!!!! I hope myself and many many many others will be fortunate as you someday....

I have a friend who always gets excited when he gets to any par 3. He says it seems like he's going to hole it, haven't happened yet but I love his attitude.
I have always been that way as well. Interestingly enough, most of the times I have played this hole, alot of the people I have played with will not even make the trip up to the mens tees because of all the steps, and just tee off down below. Fortunately I was always willing to go up the steps for this reason. I couldn't imagine holing it and not have it count, would be right up there with holing one on a mulligan, and a big reason I don't like mulligans. The other time I mentioned where I was within 4 inches, the other guy I played with tee'd from below. I also played with a guy in a club championship, where the day before he hit OB and holed the next shot for a par. He said "Yeah, I had a par here yesterday after going OB" It didn't fully register at first because he was so calm.

This is the first I have seen live, although I was on the course about 4 years ago when a lady got one on that hole, we could here the screaming from the 16th.

edit 1 - The next par 3 on 17, it was kind of blind in not being able to see the hole and it is hard to gauge the distance. I hit a pretty decent shot that started left and bounced right at the hole, and my playing partner said "I really don't want to be a part of this if that goes in" I told him it was his turn, that I already had mine. When we got up there it was way short.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Congrats! Xmas Eve must be a lucky day as I shot a 73, my personal best this Sunday!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm tellin ya, clubs have a mind of their own. They think they may be put in the closet, and bam, they perform. Well, except for Ezra's which know it's inevitable, and it might just be their saving grace.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.