• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First impressions on equipment this spring...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Just got back from the shop, lots of new stuff came in this week. A few made impressions, others just went by the wayside...

Highlights and lowlights:

Wilson Staff. This stuff is all sweet. From the drivers, especially the fairway woods, and the irons. These guys mean business for 05. I love the frame of the fairway woods with the composite cap. If they hit half as well as they look, I might have a replacement for my fairways down the road.

Callaway. X-18's and X-18 Pro series. They look better on paper. I'm not at all loving them. From what the guy at the shop tells me, the forged set that he has seen pics from the rep are outstanding. Although, that remains to be seen. Great Big Bertha 454 looks much smaller than the Nike and Cleveland drivers, but it's still gargantuan. You'd never miss the ball with that bastard.

Nike. Could the 460 be any bigger? Unchanged irons from 04 as far as I could tell besides their intro line, which look kinda bulky, but don't feel bulky. Interesting....

TNT Golf. This is sorta a component group, but they make so good stuff. They have a forged iron set comparable to the Titleist musclebacks. Apparently the rep from around here swapped out his Titleists for this set because they are more forgiving and have the same feel, if not better....

Taylor Made RAC OS, ect. Strange looking from behind, but they look nice at address. What means more, the address look, or how they look in the bag? Who cares, if they go straight, right?

Ping has a couple new putters out this year. One looks like the Doc, only smaller, the name escapes me....and they have another that is like two peices of brass and the hosel is center mounted between them holding the two peices together. Looks like cubic art, but it works great and makes that signature "Ping!" sound that carries forever...

The G2 driver was there too. Gave it a few whacks, didn't do much for me in terms of feel. However, it frames the ball well and is appealling to the eye. Also, what's up with the S59 irons? They don't feel any different from anything else that Ping has ever made. Is that their selling angle? I'm lost on this....

Anyone played Nicket sticks? They have some nice wedges out for 05...

CG10 wedges are sweet.....very sweet....

I can't beleive how expensive cart bags are now....ridiculous...

Lots of new ball choices for 05....Wilson Staff, Callaway, Nike, Precept, Bridgestone, Pinnacle....

Anyone have any cash they wanna lend me? ;)

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
CG10 wedges are sweet.....very sweet....

R35

My new CG is rapidly becoming my favorite club.

I found a quarter under my desk you can have but it would probably cost you $5.50 to receive it Canada. Let me know.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
rockford35 said:

Maybe you should charge your "pool cleaning" clients cash instead of taking it out in trade? :D

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I haven't hit the new wilson stuff yet though the new blades look sweet. I ve tried most of the other new stuff from the big names, except for the new callaway irons, i just dont liek they way they look so i can't be bothered.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Farquod said:
Maybe you should charge your "pool cleaning" clients cash instead of taking it out in trade? :D

This is a good idea, but I think the "fat bellied one" may catch on... :p

Oh, and Dave, that quarter is worth 31 cents here, so it's looking sweeter and sweeter by the minute....

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
Oh, and Dave, that quarter is worth 31 cents here, so it's looking sweeter and sweeter by the minute....

R35

Touche....good comeback.

Dave?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.