• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First is snows, now it's COLD!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Man, December sure rolled in like a lion. Dumped 16+" of snow on us Friday and now it was -10º F this morning. Sure can RIP the golf thoughts right out of your head when that happens. And after blowing the snow out of my driveway TWICE Friday I came into the house and realized I now had a head cold. :( :(

I'm going to go visit some warm weather vacation sites on the web and try to get out of this winter in Wisconsin funk....:)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Not the warmest place you could visit, but the accomadation would be cheap during winter & spring and green fees are also on reduced rates. Get the links golf experience and you'll be vactioning in England, Scotland & Ireland every year. Check this link out;- http://www.englandsgolfcoast.com/

You'd like Chester for a day out with all it's Roman history if the mrs wouldn't let you golf everyday.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
LOL, I feel for ya WBL. Here in ThunderBay we are getting the same crap. Snow and freezing cold.

On a side note, I just saw a huge buck and doe in my back yard eating under my bird feeders. I went out to take a pic and the bolted away. Oh well, I should have shot them instead.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Still no snow here in New York but temps can down to 30-50*. Never really played in such cold weather, want to give it a shot.

A coworker says that a flight to Myrtle Beach, SC is only 1.5 hours. I had no idea it was that short of a flight. I might have to start planning some weekend trips for January. :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I just got back from the driving range: 55F and I was in short sleeves. :)

Bad thing is they didn't have my 4 wood finished and it's been out there for 2 friggin weeks. That's the last time I get them to reshaft any clubs. :(

atlgolfer

Aug 9, 2006
I feel bad for you guys up North but I do know how it feels. When I used to live in Chicago, I winter golfed and sometimes it was just too painful to be out there walking 18. However, on the bright side, never had to worry about the water as it was all frozen over and the greens were frozen too and the ball would bounce off as if hit on a cart path.

It's little better down here in Atlanta but getting cold for atl standards, getting up to only mid 50's. :D

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
the weather sucks here too, snow last weekend but melted by the next day. 30* in the morning then warms up to 50*. Should be back in the high 60* over the weekend, just in time for me to get a couple of rounds in.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Still no snow here in New York but temps can down to 30-50*. Never really played in such cold weather, want to give it a shot.

A coworker says that a flight to Myrtle Beach, SC is only 1.5 hours. I had no idea it was that short of a flight. I might have to start planning some weekend trips for January. :)

Email me. I'll sell a driver and go. :) I lived in Myrtle for a year so I know the area well. It's not all that warm in the winter there though. Definitely better than NE/NY but don't pack the shorts.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Been decent here, enough to play a bit, but in New Mexico our weather is so spontaneous that you never really can tell.

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
You'd like Chester for a day out with all it's Roman history if the mrs wouldn't let you golf everyday.

I concur. I spent about a week in Chester area a few years ago, and it was beautiful. The Roman wall was fun to walk along, and it was amazing to see the 2000+ year old buildings. Also, great Indian food at Sheer Khan (or something like that)...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.