• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First nine of the season!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Actually, it went better than i thought.

The very first hole was a triple....yuck. Dead push off the tee, chunked 20 ft, hit short of the green, chipped on short, putt left short, putt left on the edge, finally in for an 7

After that i believe i doubled two more holes and the rest were bogeys...ended up at a 48 not counting my first round mulligan i took on 2, so true score would have been 50. Not great, not terrible either(for me anyway).

Best part of the day was watching a buddy of mine whom i sold my old renegade driver to hit some bombs with it. Very first hole of the year and this guy goes dead straight, nice long drive into the center of the fairway. Probably around 230 which is a great poke for him. Then on the par 4 fourth, which is an elevated tee and goes down to the river. Its 200 to reach the water and about 250ish to clear and he dumped it in halfway across. He was pretty pumped about that. I was going to tell him before he hit he might put it in the water, but i didn't want to make him second guess his shot.

What i need to do, HIT MORE GREENS(and work on short game for when i don't)! Seems my short game is decent, no chunked chips after the first hole although i did leave several well short of the hole...but still on the green. The whole day went pretty much, drive, miss the green, chip on, two or three putt for bogey/double. I did have several puts at par, but always seemed to leave them on the lip. Time to spend some time on and around the putting green.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Bout damn time!!!!

Glad to hear your finally able to play up the in cheesehead land.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Don't get me wrong, we have had plenty of good weather here for golf.

Couple of reasons this is my first time out. I remodeled the main bathroom and front entry way in my house for the fiancées birthday present. So that took a couple weekends. Also a good friend of mine had bought his first house and i was helping him get moved. Any other time beyond those happenings and i would be riding my motorcycle. So time for golf was nil.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I will finally be able to get out next week. Haven't seen my clubs since December... Really itching to play but I've been way too busy, next week however I will play a few times. I have a feeling it won't be pretty.

🔥 Latest posts