• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First round of '08

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
In about an hour I'll be heading out the door for my first round of '08. I'm pretty anxious as this will be my first round since just before Thanksgiving. I didn't end last year on the best of notes and my swing has been fairly suspect over the last few months so I'm really not sure what to expect.

The one thing I am doing is setting myself up for success. I had a strong range session on Monday so my confidence is on the upside but, more importantly, I'm playing a course that I know well and always have good rounds at. It seems like no matter the state of my game, I'm able to play well at this course. The course should be a pretty good conditioin as we've had nothing but sunshine for the last 10 days or so and the daily highs have been hitting 70 during that stretch; more of the same expected today.

I will update later today as to just how well the round went (because I know you guys care).

ps. - I'm putting this in the HA area because of the potential post round report to follow... (so much for the confidence I spoke of :laugh:)

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Oh boy, I'm glad that is over!!!

My ball striking was just ridiculous all day. I was at least two clubs short all day and even managed to hit a 3W about to 90* left... TWICE!

There was a bright side though, with a couple of exceptions, my short game was solid. At one point on the back I had 5 straight up-n-downs.

Of course, golf being golf, I played a text book 18th; driver into fairway, lay-up to 65yds, knock-down sand wedge to 10ft (only GIR of the day), and two-putt for par (birdie putt lipped out on low side). I'll be back...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lucky...i got another couple weeks before i will even be able to see grass...

Good job on the 18th, i love it when holes go like that.

Found a heated driving range though, thats on my way home from work, starting early this season!

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
United States United States
I went yesterday (03-05-08) for my first time this year and surprisingly had eight pars and one birdie. Kinda slapped it around from the second from back tee and had a pretty good time. The greens were very slow and I left about three birdie putts in the heart and about a foot short. This is going to be a fun season..

:beach3:

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Lucky...i got another couple weeks before i will even be able to see grass...

Good job on the 18th, i love it when holes go like that.

Found a heated driving range though, thats on my way home from work, starting early this season!

Yes, we are lucky for the weather we get to enjoy year round in the SF Bay Area. However, don't for one second think it doesn't come without a price. This is one of the top cost of living areas in the country; we pay dearly for our sunshine...

I went yesterday (03-05-08) for my first time this year and surprisingly had eight pars and one birdie. Kinda slapped it around from the second from back tee and had a pretty good time. The greens were very slow and I left about three birdie putts in the heart and about a foot short. This is going to be a fun season..

:beach3:

Funny, my round didn't go like this at all.

It didn't help that I was partnered with two long hitting, very low, single digit cappers. I've been hitting my driver extremely short lately but it really sucked to get out driven by 30yds when I was already teeing off 30yds in front of them... :(

🔥 Latest posts