• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Round of the Year Tomorrow

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
11:20. Me, the Wife, the Daughter, and my buddy. First time swinging a club since early November. Cleaned some crap out of and organized the bags. The new Scotty and the new to me FT-i LCG Tour look pretty comfortable nestled in there. New spikes in the shoes. It's going to be mid-40's so the fleece is ready.

Five months of Winter stiffness should make the day interesting. Really looking forward to hitting the driver. I hope it's everything it's supposed to be. I was going to put my old Mizuno blades in there, but have decided to test the golf muscles first for a round or two with the TM's.

Look out Morningstar Golfers Club. We're coming at you.

Kevin

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Hey Kevin,

Let me know how you get along with that FT-i LCG? Very curious to get your opinion on it.

Good luck with the frst round and shoot well. Enjoy!

muzz

Apr 8, 2009
Enjoy your first Rd.!!
I've been fortunate to have been able to play 4.5 Rds. so far, and I have alot more to go!!

Hit'm Str8 !

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Get three partners for the scramble in June WG!! We already asked zaphod, LOL. :D

I think I've got a free round coming on my birthday there too....

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Amen to the creak, WBL. Not much of a back swing today and had trouble getting out of my own way to finish a few shots, but managed to stay out of trouble. It was windy so I just used the shorter swing with one extra club and hit knock down approach shots all day. Wife and Daughter bailed after nine, and me and my buddy ended up playing 27 holes.

83-41. No complaints. Nothing higher than a bogey. Missed four or five putts over the left side of the hole but the Scotty rolls the ball super nice. There's promise there. Blasted a high fade on the very first hole with the FT-i, but then it took a little getting used too. I hit a couple low pulls but realized on the twelfth hole I was over-swinging it trying to get the high launch. Relaxed after that and let the club do the work. My swing speed wasn't there after the Winter layoff, but this thing feels really solid. Unbelievable roll after the ball hits the ground. My buddy gave me some crap on a few holes about carry, but when we got out there the FT-i was past him. He bemoaned the fact I'm a lefty so he couldn't try it.

Once the golf muscles get in shape I think it will be 15-20 yards longer than my 907 D1. I'm thinking it should take me from 255-260 to the 270-280 yard range on average and that suits me fine. Hit one a strong wind aided 290-ish today on the fourth hole of the third nine and knocked down a sand wedge to 8" for my only birdie of the day.

All I can expect from my fat old body, I think. I doubt I'll ever hit drives 285 to 300 consistently no matter the equipment. Those days are past.

Felt awesome to be back out there.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.