• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First sub par 9 holes...

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Played the weekly medal at my local course here in Sussex, UK today and was extremely chuffed with myself, at least for the most part.

I've been having a few problems recently where my game has pretty much turned on its head. I used to ALWAYS be stronger on my back nine, but for the current period (last four rounds to be precise) I have flown out the blocks, and then struggled to match it on the back nine. No explanation at all, I'm not tired, or fatigued in any way, just things don't happen.

Anyway, I started off today with a bogey on the first, not happy with a 3 put on the par 3 opening hole GRR, then went par, bogey, par, birdie, par, par, par and had my 2nd career eagle (first on my home course) on the par 4 9th.

1 under for the front nine. Sorted! Best score for nine holes, but tried to put it out of my head, managed to get to the thirteenth still under par before I started screwing things up lol. Bogey, double bogey, double bogey, 40ft birdie drained to cheer me up, bogey finish. 4 over 74, won scratch, nice result, but the everlasting feeling of "what if" was hanging over me! (Still, never ever had a subpar round, even if it was just for the first 13 holes lol)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's great! I'm still looking for an even 9. Congratulations on the win as well! I assume you did this under some fairly difficult conditions as well, to win +2 in Scratch category?
icon14.gif

OP
D

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
That's great! I'm still looking for an even 9. Congratulations on the win as well! I assume you did this under some fairly difficult conditions as well, to win +2 in Scratch category?
icon14.gif

Thanks guys, to be honest it was a little windy, but not too difficult. (My club isn't made up of the best players - our lowest is a 6 HC.)

We have quite a few guys from 7-12 HC's that are 'capable' of shooting mid 70's when they are on their game, hence my excitement isn't really about winning the scratch, but desperately trying to get a score under par! :D

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Great score Dale, especially for a 10 h/c

Now that you know you can play the shots and hole the putts, it should make you hungrier and more confident to do the job over 18.

Did they cut / butcher your 'cap?

OP
D

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Cheers again :)

I must have defo got cut, I'm not sure yet.

CSS was 67, par is 70, so I guess (and this is a guess) the net score was 59, difference to 67 is 8, .2 off per shot under is 8*.2 = 1.6 so I should be expecting a new HC of 8.8? Assuming the don't general play me a shot as well.

(my maths is bad though! lol)

gaz d

Out 2 In Swing
Jul 17, 2007
good shooting! im happy if im playin to my h.cap for front nine! (+9)

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
congrats.hope you get your second quicker then me.

had mine about 7 yrs ago havent done it since.it was actually the first time id even broke the 40 barrier by shooting 34 (-2).

closest ive come since was a 37 (+1) during league.

Members online

No members online now.