• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First time breaking 80!!

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
What a beautiful day. Broke 80 for the first time. I shot a 78, 40 on the front and 38 on the back. My entire game from tee to green was clicking really well today. Except for one really bad par 5 where I made an 8, it was a great round all the way.

The best hole of the day was a 540 yard par 5. I was about 250 out on my drive and with the wind at my back I pured a 3 wood to put me about 6 feet from the pin. Sunk it for Eagle! That's only about my 5th eagle since I've been playing.

I almost didn't go golfing today either, I was going to take the boat to the lake.

Hopefully, this will be a boost in my confidence. I've always known I had the abilty to break 80, I've jsut never been able to do it, there was always a hole or two that kept me from it.

Robert

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That's a great acheivement. I shot 80 once, and it was a really fun round. It's really cool when most of your shots come off as planned. Plus the eagle was a rare treat.

Well done.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Awesome man.

Now two things you need to remember, the double edged sword.

You can do it now, you know you can, so you've that confidence.
Don't expect to do it. You set the bar, and if you can't repete it as much as you like, you'll only be frustrated.

🔥 Latest posts