• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

first time for everything...

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
but not today..

i had 4ft putt for my first eagle, which i missed. had a chance to break 80 for the first time which end up shooting double bogie on 18th for an 80. manage to putt 32 times, and no three putts!!! i did however, shot 8 over, so first time shooting only single digit above par. but i'm not content for some reason. i was mad as hell when i walked off the course (in a good way of course).

i think i avg. about 280yd in drives, only 8 FW, and 7 GIR. i was making lot of pars though. i noticed that if i had made all those lip outs, i would've definitely break 80. it's close.

soon i tell yah.. soon..

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm in that boat too, except I've had several eagles.

Last week I drove a short par 4 into the wind to 5 feet, and dropped the putt for a deuce. unfortunetly I started bleeding strokes like a hemofiliac in a cement truck full of razor blades; just started to play stupid. I was hitting- ATTEMPTING TO HIT- shots I didn't even need to score well. Just trying to follow the shape of the fairway instead of playing my own game.

<--- LOSER.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Where did you play? I played at Exeter again with Bob this afternoon. Short game was horrible and I shot 45-45. I also had my eagle shot, on 18. I hit the drive 309yds. according to tee yardage minus yardage marker. Hit a 3iron onto the green but it was a tad thin and ran to the back. I was on the fringe with an easy little chip, left it 2 1/2 feet wide then missed the GD putt. I just can't put the ball in the hole on 18 there. Swing changes are coming along. Belting the driver and hitting the irons pretty long as well. I had 3 drives in a row that were right around 300 going off the card and markers. I just couldn't score. Missing so many routine length putts. That's what I get for practicing so hard on full swing and neglecting the chipping and putting.

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i went to fenner hill. my putting is coming along. still need to get better feel for the longer putts. this use to be around 15ft, but i'm pretty comfortable upto 20ft. i made all putts w/in 5ft (some longer and lipouts) except for that eagle putt.
i noticed that the fenner hill greens are really smooth. i went to putt at my league course and they were bumpy and slow, which made the speed inconsistant esp on longer putts.

my swing's okay, i just need to focus little more on my short game and i'll be in 70s soon.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
i went to fenner hill. my putting is coming along. still need to get better feel for the long putts. this use to be around 15ft, but i'm pretty comfortable upto 20ft. i made all putts w/in 5ft (some longer and lipouts) except for that eagle putt.
i noticed that the fenner hill greens are really smooth. i went to putt at my league course and they were so bumpy and slow. i couldn't really get close to the pin on over 20ft putts.

Sounds like I'd better start working on my putting, lol. Which par 5 were you putting for eagle on? 10th?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nice round 2Fast. I've yet to break 80 this year. Back to back 37s in league tho LOL.

I think I just suck at regular golf, there's gotta be some cash on the line for some incentive.

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Nice round 2Fast. I've yet to break 80 this year. Back to back 37s in league tho LOL.

I think I just suck at regular golf, there's gotta be some cash on the line for some incentive.

sometimes i play better when i'm under pressure. i execute some amazing shots or make long putts to push the hole or win the hole. i also choke a bit too. stupid game.. :deadhorse:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005

"I think you should get drunk. You always play better when you're drunk."

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
"I think you should get drunk. You always play better when you're drunk."

you meant to say you play this game sober? that'll reduce your life span couple of years..

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
So it happens. shot my first eagle today.

went out to play at this 9 hole course. 510yd par 5. i hit a towering drive and had about 170yd to the pin. b/c of the wind, i hit a nice smooth 7i to about 12ft. by the time i got up to putt, i couldn't get the ball to stay still b/c of the wind. i blocked out everything and commit to my putt. didn't even look up to see the ball roll. by the time i looked up, i saw the ball dropping in the cup.

70's here i come!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to go man. We'll have to play soon. See if you can putt under the pressure of matchplay.
icon10.gif
What's our score at?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online