• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

first time for everything...

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I've had so many birdie putts that I can't make. I haven't made a bird yet but come so close all the time. I've broken 90 a few times, usually shoot low 90's high 80's, I can shoot 41 on the front but lose it on the back. Today I had 3 birdie putts, didn't make them. The closest I've came is one that lipped out. It's definitely fun to break these milestones. I just can't wait til I break 80 for the first time.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Try this. Its should help you relax and score somewhere in the mid to high 70's all the time.

Set a goal of 6 greens in regulation. Should be fairly easy to accomplish.

This leaves 12 holes where you miss the green. All you have to do is get up and down on half of them. Again, easy to accomplish.

Allow for 1 messed up hole resulting in double bogey.

This would equate to +7 or breaking 80 on any course. This doesnt even account for any birds you might make on the hole you hit the GIR, or any extra up and downs. I find thinking this way makes me relax more as the goals seems easy and the score just follows along instead of being the main focus.

Members online

No members online now.