• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Time Out This Year

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Well today I finally got out for the first time this year. I played a course that is not too demanding since this would only be my 3rd time playing in almost 2 years and first since last April. (for those of you who don't know I lost my job last Feb. and counld not afford to play last year). It was very windy out. Just to give you an idea how hard it was blowing.....my drive on #6 into the wind went 220 yards.....my drive on #7, a 415 yard par 4, with the wind....get this.....I DROVE THE GREEN 15 ft. from the hole. But of course I 2 putted for a birdie. All in all I ended up with 3 pars, 5 bogeys, and 1 birdie. Yeah, I only played 9. In that wind that is about all I could handle. I need to work on putting. I had a lot of 5 footers to save par or bogey. But the greens are still shitty from going through our shitty winter.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
played for the first time this morning.was actually surprised at how well i played considering i haven`t even taken any practice swings.after getting up at 5:30pm yesterday for bowling league then going from there to work and then straight to the course to walk 9.

bogey,par,par,bogey,par,triple,bogey,par,par=43.looking forward to playing alot more this yr. as my new job is 4 miles from my course and getting done work at 7:30 am will probably play a minimum of 4 times a week.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.