• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First tourney of the new season!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
In 2 days!!!

Yikes! I don't think I'm ready. My only hope is that nobody else is ready yet, either!

We will be playing The Aiken Golf Club: a semi-private, links style course in the sandhills of South Carolina , a old Donald Ross course that is usually in very good condition. Shortish, but very hilly and tight, and with small, undulating greens that would make Loren Roberts weep.

So far we have 30 people signed up, with 10 in my "B" flight, so it should be interesting.

Just too friggin cold!! Our tee times will start at 10AM, and the projected temp will only be about 40°F by then, with a projected high of 61°F. I'm taking a thermos of hot coffee with some Irish whiskey added. :)

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Good Luck Doc

I am skipping our first two tourneys in Columbia, gonna wait and play a course I am more familiar with.

Jason

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Just too friggin cold!! Our tee times will start at 10AM, and the projected temp will only be about 40°F by then, with a projected high of 61°F. I'm taking a thermos of hot coffee with some Irish whiskey added. :)

FOURTY DEGREES!?!?!? COLD?!?!?!

Thats shorts and teeshirt weather bro...seriously, thats about 90 degrees warmer than some of the windchills we have been seeing around here...:laugh:

Anyway...Good luck at the tourney, hopefully i can get my handicap established this year and get into a couple myself.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
FOURTY DEGREES!?!?!? COLD?!?!?!

Thats shorts and teeshirt weather bro...seriously, thats about 90 degrees warmer than some of the windchills we have been seeing around here...:laugh:

What can I say, other than you Cheeseheads up there in Yooper Land are friggin nuts?

Seriously, this is GOLF in AUGUSTA, GA. You're supposed to sweat! Freezing your nuts off is not our idea of a good time! :D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
What can I say, other than you Cheeseheads up there in Yooper Land are friggin nuts?

Seriously, this is GOLF in AUGUSTA, GA. You're supposed to sweat! Freezing your nuts off is not our idea of a good time! :D

I'm with you there brother. It's 45* here in Phoenix, and I'm wearing a jacket. Good luck this weekend.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I play in 40 degree weather all the time...no big deal. Just hit a extra club...you'll be fine.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
i think here tom. is like 67*f and nice all weekend... but the wife wants to go out of town b/c our anniversery is next week... so that might kill my golfing... unless i leave work early tom. and play 18

Clemson

longest member member
Aug 2, 2007
That is my plan also. The leaving work early tomorrow and golfing part, not the going out of town with your wife part.

Thought I better clear that up.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
That is my plan also. The leaving work early tomorrow and golfing part, not the going out of town with your wife part.

Thought I better clear that up.

Oh come on, take his wife out of town so he gets to play.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.