• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

five-year-old boy arrested during rioting in North Belfast

Golf Monkey

Jun 9, 2005
Kind of a follow on from Kilteds thread...

It's all over the Irish papers/chat shows/radio shows - I couldn't believe it when I read it, a 5 year old! where are his parents!?!

Great exactly what we want the worlds press to see - kids in school uniforms rioting.

These kids didn't really grow up in the troubles so have a very different attitude.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=660466

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Golf Monkey said:
Kind of a follow on from Kilteds thread...

It's all over the Irish papers/chat shows/radio shows - I couldn't believe it when I read it, a 5 year old! where are his parents!?!

Great exactly what we want the worlds press to see - kids in school uniforms rioting.

These kids didn't really grow up in the troubles so have a very different attitude.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=660466

I work less than 1/2 a mile from here. Class, isn't it?!!!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:

You sure it wasn't one of yours hitting golf balls at them. They've got pretty good swings. :p

OP
Golf Monkey

Golf Monkey

Jun 9, 2005
IrishGolfer said:

Hope ye get home ok IG.

Someone in work today suggested I call home to check everyones ok, I had to explain to her that where the rioting's taking place is on a stretch of road about 1/4 of a mile long and about 17 miles from where my folks live.

Rockford35 said:
So how many rocks and bottles did you throw? :)

R35

I never got involved in that sh*t, my parents would've tanned my ass!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I couldn't believe it when I saw it on tv, one off the troublemakers was trying to puncture the police car's tyres and one off his mates threw a pertol bomb at the car and missed his mate by feet. These guys aren't right in the head. Thank god I don't live in North Belfast.

Though I have to be proud N.I just beat England the unthinkable was just accomplished.