• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FJ Impulse, any opinions?

3in2out

Apr 11, 2005
I am looking into getting some golf shoes, and would like something to the effect that looks/wears more like a sneaker than the traditional style. Any opinions on the FJ Impulse or any other sneaker style?

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I never tried the FJ impulse, but I have the Nike sneaker style shoes. They're nice and comfy, but it's getting heavy in the middle of the round because of the sweat. Also, they are not as easy to clean than traditional shoes, because they are white and the leather tends to stiffen/crack. And they're not waterproof.
But they are good nonetheless. I prefer traditional shoes like Softjoy or Mizuno. But it's all a matter of taste.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I dig the looks of the brown Impulse, but I only need so many pairs of golf shoes, and 3 will probably do it (all black sneaker'ish FJ AWDs...very comfortable...white/tan Bite saddle shoes, also very comfy...and white Adidas sneaker styles...haven't worn them on the course yet, vut seemed very comfy).

OP

3in2out

Apr 11, 2005
Silver said:
I dig the looks of the brown Impulse, but I only need so many pairs of golf shoes, and 3 will probably do it (all black sneaker'ish FJ AWDs...very comfortable...white/tan Bite saddle shoes, also very comfy...and white Adidas sneaker styles...haven't worn them on the course yet, vut seemed very comfy).

Yeah, exactly, I like the looks of the brown Impulse, I am mainly wonder if they are any decent, i.e. comfortable, ect...I've seen the Adidias ones a couple times, those arent out of the question either. I actually believe Fred Couples was wearing some on the Golf Channel last night...lol

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
go for the nike sp-3, very awesome, very reasonable price, i'm about to pick up another pair,

🔥 Latest posts