• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flat out bombing it...well, not me...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I built a couple drivers for friends this year. One lefty, another a righty.

One is an FT-5 8.5* Fade mated to a VS Proto 70X. I had two of these at one time, he took one off my hands (the Fade).

The lefty was a 08 Burner TP mated to an F7M2 tipped 1".

I went to the indoor sim with the guy and had a ball with the ball numbers we were getting.

With my 9.5* FT-I, I was getting consistently about 285 carry and a little over 300 with roll. 14* launch, 2800rpm and ballspeeds in the 162-164 range. I'll take that, thanks.

But the big guys, man can they bring it. They had a long drive competition for drinks.

FT-5 Numbers

180mph ballspeed (that's SS of 119)
13* launch
2800rpm
326 carry, 348 total
Prov1X

Burner Numbers

180mph ballspeed (SS 122mph)
13* launch
2900rpm
324 carry, 347 total
Taylormade TP black

I gotta hit the gym. :D

R35

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
That's pretty deep.

Don't worry about the gym. I've noticed, from experience, that 95% of the time the guys who hit that far REALLY SUCK at golf in general. No shortgame or ballstriking, but they can really pound the driver.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Those are big, big numbers. Wow. I rarely play with anyone longer than me, but those guys would be blowing it 60-70 yards past me, without breaking a sweat. I need to work on core strength.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's pretty deep.

Don't worry about the gym. I've noticed, from experience, that 95% of the time the guys who hit that far REALLY SUCK at golf in general. No shortgame or ballstriking, but they can really pound the driver.

Both these guys are 4-5 handicaps, easy. Very good putters to boot. Odd combo, but I agree with what you say about big bombers.

It was funny, because we ran into some guys we play with at Men's nite at the sim. They were complaining that their sim was "short". One of the aforementioned guys went to their sim and smoked one about 320 on the first swing. That sorta opened their eyes as to how long these two really are.

No long drive guys by any means, but for average joes, pretty deep.

R35

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i can't wait until i get my ozik put in.

w/ current set up my ball speed is near 160 w/ about 270 carry, back spin to about 268total yds.. LOL

🔥 Latest posts