• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flight path & distance question.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Been loving this FT-3 tour driver & have been hitting tee shots between 220 & 243 yds on nice soggy fairways. My normal flight path is your typical driver flight, doesn't ballon up a lot, has a nice arc & just lands without much roll.

Anyhoo, today I am on the par 4 9th hole & it's 327 yds to the green. I nail it & the ball never gets more than 7-8' in the air & but it's screaming & when it lands once again there isn't much roll due to the soft turf, a couple yds at best. The freakin ball is 52 yds from the pin....I measured it out because I was absolutely shocked. Thats a 275 yd drive & yet while I was watching the ball & that weird assed low flight I thought for sure I would be lucky to get 200 outta it.

Anyone else notice that the lower they keep the ball the more distance they get? Wish I knew how in the hell I did that.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've noticed that same thing with the Proforce V2 shaft in my Renegade. If I hit it low it ends up out there. If the trajectory is what I would call "Mid" it ends up a lot shorter. It's very puzzling. The V2 shaft acted the same way when it was in my Mizuno MX-500. Low shots were long, mid shots were short. Probably has something to do with my feeble swing.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've hit the 3W and the driver a little longer when I've hit a low draw. I'd imagine part of it has to do with the club being delofted a bit. I can get them under control every once in a while and use them but then I lose them and will snap it if I try it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.