• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flo Rida, and not the rappa!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yep, leave Monday for Orlando Florida. Golf tournament. Taking video camera and photo camera.

It'll be great!

Sadly I'll probably still be on here, as I'll be getting on my laptop.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Play well!!
I'm meeting him and his Dad on Friday, staying over at the same hotel, and following him around on Saturday.

I plan on forcing him to do shots of tequila with me Friday night...
("That might have been a bad coaching move on my part...")

Should be fun.:laugh:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm meeting him and his Dad on Friday, staying over at the same hotel, and following him around on Saturday.

I plan on forcing him to do shots of tequila with me Friday night...
("That might have been a bad coaching move on my part...")

Should be fun.:laugh:
Yell "GET IN THE HOLE" on every shot he takes...during his backswing...while goosing him with a 3i...

Good luck Jeff!!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yell "GET IN THE HOLE" on every shot he takes...during his backswing...while goosing him with a 3i...

Good luck Jeff!!!
ROFLMAO !!!

Don't worry Jeff - you won't even know I'm there. The occasional "thumbs up" for a nice shot is about it. I'll take some pictures, unless you don't want me to. And my camera has a silent mode, so it won't make a sound.

(Yelling "GET IN THE HOLE!!" would be especially Dr. Evil, however...)

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
What course are you playing? I don't have anything planned yet for Saturday and I am a very accomplished heckler.:D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
ROFLMAO !!!

Don't worry Jeff - you won't even know I'm there. The occasional "thumbs up" for a nice shot is about it. I'll take some pictures, unless you don't want me to. And my camera has a silent mode, so it won't make a sound.

(Yelling "GET IN THE HOLE!!" would be especially Dr. Evil, however...)
You know, if you need any incentive, I can always mail you a check....:D

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Not sure Sandwedge, let you guys know Friday evening, as that is when I will know.

Going into this sick, lovely.

Oh well, here we go...

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
95 today. :biglol:

Felt just miserable. 14/18 holes were good, but those 4...oh those 4...

Was making good contact, swing just isn't 100%. Right shoulder and knee were killing me.

Oh well, I'll be playing here in Orlando, where I've never played, and enjoy myself. I'm out of it, barring a miracle. They've been known to happen though, :D

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
91 today. Just had a complete meltdown on the front nine, epic proportions. 51. :( I don't know, its just all been getting to me lately.

Finally regrouped, and posted up a respectable 9, 40. Should have been 37.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I hope you lit your caddy up for misclubbing you.

Also the arsehole with the soundless camera probably caused some of the issues as well. Either way have fun and enjoy the fish.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Eh, I was making silly mistakes. If nothing else, I'm happy I pulled it together.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Okay, so after all this I'm sooo glad I went. Also, I'm really not going to be that hard on myself. Excluding Saturday, I played really well. The score didn't reflect it, but excluding putting, I actually got a majority GIRs and Fairways.

The putting just ripped me up, it is so very different from what we have here. Something for next year, without a doubt. Never had under 36 putts a round, which just kept driving my score up. I did make some clinch putts, and quite a few birdies though. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'll be posting some pics tonight. I honestly don't know how anyone could score well on the course Jeff played Satuday (Grand Cypress) without playing it a few times (or at least having a chance to map it out beforehand.) Very, very tricky green complexes. Lots of subtle (and not-so-subtle) breaks that in places were expertly hidden from the fairway. Really some of the toughest greens I've ever seen.

That, plus an unfamiliarity with our lovely Bermuda grain, meant some tough putting.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.