• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Florida, here I come..

Anders_H

mmmm, beer
Mar 12, 2015
Gavle
Country
Sweden Sweden
Next friday we fly off to Florida on a three week vacation, it's me, ladydragon (wife) and our 7-year old daughter. Gonna travel around for a bit with a few pitstops along the way (Kennedy space center, Universal in Orlando and christmas in Key Largo). I have managed to get permission to play a round of golf during our stay in the sunshine state. Where should I play?? Gonna have a few nights in Orlando and a couple in Naples that would probably be the best place for a round of golf.
Wanna try a nice public course that will not cost me a fortune. Any ideas??

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Nice public course, in Florida, and not cost a fortune......in December. Not possible. In July, possible, but not in snowbird season.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
It's expensive AF but Magnolia is a Wonderful Course. The Waldorf Astorias course is beautiful as well

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Disney's Magnolia course looks like it is running $105 tee times in the AM, $72.50 afternoon tee times on weekdays. They used to play a PGA Tour event on that course until a few years ago, it's not an easy course to play as you can imagine, but Disney keeps their courses in great shape.

If I recall correctly, this course was the location of my last round I ever played on a golf course approximately 7 years ago. Shot a 116....gave up the game soon after.:D

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I played here with Eracer, and @ualtim : Timacuan Golf Club – Lake Mary,Florida

Had a great time. I don't remember much about the course....that was a LONG time ago...but I do remember that Eracer, one of the guys that I played with, borrowed me an Iron...I took one swing and broke the head off the damn thing.
One of those bright neon yellow graphite shafts that were the rage on this board back then (forget the brand, but started with a G). 4 iron if I recall correctly, on the 10th tee. I know it's hard to believe, but I actually felt bad for Glark as he held what was left of the shaft in his hand and had to hand it back to Eracer, Eracer had just shafted that iron set up prior to that round and was testing out the new sticks.:D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
One of those bright neon yellow graphite shafts that were the rage on this board back then (forget the brand, but started with a G). 4 iron if I recall correctly, on the 10th tee. I know it's hard to believe, but I actually felt bad for Glark as he held what was left of the shaft in his hand and had to hand it back to Eracer, Eracer had just shafted that iron set up prior to that round and was testing out the new sticks.:D
Dude, I felt horrible. I hit it fairly good, watched the ball go, and as I brought the club down I saw the head hanging at an angle that wasn't natural. **** me.

Not too long after I started golfing, I got a buddy into it. I had just got a new driver, so I borrowed him mine. We went to the driving range, and about 4 swings in, I heard a really bad noise, and watched the head of my old driver go sailing down the range about 60 yards. I started laughing and asked him how far the ball went. He goes, 'uh....it's still on the tee..'

I burst out laughing even harder.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Dude, I felt horrible. I hit it fairly good, watched the ball go, and as I brought the club down I saw the head hanging at an angle that wasn't natural. **** me.

Not too long after I started golfing, I got a buddy into it. I had just got a new driver, so I borrowed him mine. We went to the driving range, and about 4 swings in, I heard a really bad noise, and watched the head of my old driver go sailing down the range about 60 yards. I started laughing and asked him how far the ball went. He goes, 'uh....it's still on the tee..'

"... borrowed him mine..." You Northerners need to learn to speak English! You "LOANED" him yours!!! You can only "borrow" something FROM someone else. Sheesh!:D

Back in the 90's, I had just bought one of those Killer Bee drivers with the really long shaft. First round, had the son with us. Let him hit it on a Par 4, Hole #5. He caught the ball on the hosel and sheared the shaft from the head. He felt bad, but all I could do was laugh.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007

"... borrowed him mine..." You Northerners need to learn to speak English! You "LOANED" him yours!!! You can only "borrow" something FROM someone else. Sheesh!:D

Back in the 90's, I had just bought one of those Killer Bee drivers with the really long shaft. First round, had the son with us. Let him hit it on a Par 4, Hole #5. He caught the ball on the hosel and sheared the shaft from the head. He felt bad, but all I could do was laugh.

Thanks for nailing him on this, Limp. Glark's always playing the grammar Nazi. Nice to see him take some of his own medicine.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

Let me borrow you some knowledge old timer. I can borrow anything to anyone I want. Pal.

:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

🔥 Latest posts