• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For Golf Pride ND Multi Compound grip lovers

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I've been playing the Golf Pride ND Multi Compound grips for a while now and absolutely love them--everything but the price that is.

I recently found a Sharpro grip that looked identical and thought, "this knock off can't compare." I reluctantly purchased 10 of these at under $3 a pop. When they arrived they looked, felt and smelled like GPs! Popped a few on and they perform just like the GPs as well.

Even better, after doing a little research it turns out GP actually pays royalties to Sharpro for their patent on these grips--Golf Pride's version is the knock off!

You gotta gives these grips a try if you love the GP version but can't continue to pay $10 a grip...

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Cool. I really like the GP NDs but priced too high for me.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I've been playing the Golf Pride ND Multi Compound grips for a while now and absolutely love them--everything but the price that is.

I recently found a Sharpro grip that looked identical and thought, "this knock off can't compare." I reluctantly purchased 10 of these at under $3 a pop. When they arrived they looked, felt and smelled like GPs! Popped a few on and they perform just like the GPs as well.

Even better, after doing a little research it turns out GP actually pays royalties to Sharpro for their patent on these grips--Golf Pride's version is the knock off!

You gotta gives these grips a try if you love the GP version but can't continue to pay $10 a grip...
I game the Golf Pride's, thank you sir you have saved me money the next time I do a regripping.

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
One thing to note is that durability has not been tested. I just regripped my clubs with these and have had one range session. I could tell no performance or feel difference what so ever. That said, I'm curious to see how these hold up over the next few months.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
One thing to note is that durability has not been tested. I just regripped my clubs with these and have had one range session. I could tell no performance or feel difference what so ever. That said, I'm curious to see how these hold up over the next few months.
Keep us posted.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I've played them. I don't think they felt as good as the GPNDMC, they felt thinner and not as tacky to me. But for 1/3 the cost they are a decent grip. Durability is ok, I didn't the the GP's durability was that great though either.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I have been a multi compound grip guy for several years now. I tried the Sharpros, meh, they were OK I guess. I subsequently found these Pro T MULTI DUAL COMPOUND http://www.ebay.com/bhp/pro-t-grips
IMHO they are way better than the Sharpros, thicker and more durable.
Each to their own I guess. Do the Pepsi challenge and buy all three and test them against eachother before buying a set.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have been a multi compound grip guy for several years now. I tried the Sharpros, meh, they were OK I guess. I subsequently found these Pro T MULTI DUAL COMPOUND http://www.ebay.com/bhp/pro-t-grips
Each to their own I guess. Do the Pepsi challenge and buy all three and test them against eachother before buying a set.
I was not impressed with the Sharpros either. I have since gone back to Lamkin and started using the REL 3gen. I really like them but they aren't the same as the GP's. $10 per grip is nuts.

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country

I read somewhere else that the pro t's were a nice option. Do they make a half cord, half rubber grip?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
That is a great deal!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.