• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For sale: MX-23 new in box

jed1894

Nov 20, 2006
I have a set of MX-23 clubs (3-pw), standard length and lie, with R300 (regular) shafts. Only the 4 iron and 7 iron have been hit (on the range about 20 times a piece). The clubs are still in the factory box from Golfsmith.

Price: $499.99, plus shipping.

email me at: [email protected] if interested.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
So these are new in the factory box... except for the 2 that were taken out and hit?
Wouldn't that make them used in factory box?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
6/8 new. :D

Still a good deal at that price for "like new" 23's...

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I am picky.:D
I get "new" clubs all the time. I then have to call and explain the ball marks on the face mean it is used.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Those arent new if they are used period! hence the meaning "Used".

OP
J

jed1894

Nov 20, 2006
You guys are tough! Okay, I made a mistake. The clubs are not brand new, at least the 4 and 7 are not. The 7 and 4 have been hit in my back yard (my own range), but you cannot tell they've been hit. All the clubs are spotless, even the two that were hit. I could have lied and said they had never been hit and no one would have known the difference.

I'm simply trying to sell some new clubs I got early for X-mas from Golfsmith (I've only had them a few days). Check the price on their website ($699) the last time I checked (they may not have anymore).

So, to correct my first post and set the record straight: The clubs are in the factory box I received from Golfsmith. The 4 and 7 have been hit (I'm guessing 10-20 times each). The rest of the clubs have never been out of the plastic. The two that were hit are now back in the original plastic. No marks are on any of the clubs. I have photographs if anyone wants to see them.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hit or not, still a great deal.

GS has 23 sets of used 23's at $499 per. In "good" condition.

These are damn near new.

R35

OP
J

jed1894

Nov 20, 2006
To further explain....The reason I'm selling them is because I cannot hit them as good as my Callaway BBs. I guess I'm not good enough yet or I'm not giving them enough time. I'm about a 15-18 handicap and if I knew that I would be able to hit them in the future, I would probably keep them and give them a better try.

By-the-way, anyone have experience with the BBs that now use 23s? May be better asked on different thread.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
By-the-way, anyone have experience with the BBs that now use 23s? May be better asked on different thread.

It's your thread, you can jack it if you want. :)

I switched from BBs to 23s about 2 years ago. They aren't quite as forgiving but I like the feel and I picked up a little distance. I'm an 18 too. Looking back, I should have kept the 3 & 4 iron from the BBs.

I haven't tried anything since that makes me want to switch.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Jed,
Look for the smileys. I was just messing with you, not putting down your set.

OP
J

jed1894

Nov 20, 2006
I see the smilies now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Regarding the BBs....I will definitely keep the 2 and 3 iron in the bag if I keep the 23s. Glad to hear about someone else with same clubs give an encouraging comment. I kind-of made up my mind that if I didn't sell by this weekend, I'd probably keep them (my wife still doesn't know that I'm not happy with my expensive X-mas present). She's going to freak! She doesn't even know that I bought the Callaways a while back. I know, I'm going to hell! But on the other hand, she doesn't know what I have in the bag, so she'll never know the difference. I haven't even tried them on the course yet.

Thanks JEd

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
From what I've seen here and other sites, MX-23's are many, many golfers favorite clubs. I'd keep them, play them, and clean them after every round. If you still can't hit them after 10-12 rounds, you still can ask 499 for them.

I kinda wish I hadn't bought my OS2's...I'd buy them from you. I love the OS2's, mind you, but I'm sure if I hadn't already started playing them, I could be very happy with the Mizzy's!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What Big Bertha's do you have? I'm looking for an 02 set for a good price for my Pops.

R35

OP
J

jed1894

Nov 20, 2006
I got the 04 model. I'm hoping to cut them down to my son in a year of so when he needs a bigger set.

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
keep the 23's - they're nice!! Make sure you get them fitted, and give them a chance.

🔥 Latest posts