• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

forged cavity back choices

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
One word:Mizuno

210358_XL.jpg

These are a great choice. Forgot about them. :)

R35

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
R35, I love my MX-23's, very forgiving but will still make you work for a nice shot;-):miz:

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Man, those mx 25's look so nice...drool.:wow:

Currently in the process of getting the MX 23's as I am a beginner and probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 25's and 23's.

Another reason is the mx 23's can be had for alot cheaper than the mx 25's.

Golfer

Sep 26, 2006
I agree with the others...the Mizuno MX-23s are great cavity backed forged clubs (I used them for about 1.5 seasons and loved them, but had to get a set with a little more forgiveness - the MX-17s) that you should be able to buy relatively cheap now, since the MX-25s were just released.

On a side note, I read that the MX-23s are the best selling Mizuno clubs they ever produced. I would at least check them out if I were you.

:miz:

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
SnakeEyes 600XC

Before wasting your money on all of those OEM brands get someone or yourself to build a set of SnakeEyes 600XC. By far the best feeling cavity back forged iron built to date. I have had several people this year comment on these clubs. Tremendously soft feel but harsh enough to let you know when you've mishit the shot, something you want with a forged club. Very accurate. I've cut 4 strokes off of my handicap this summer down to a 16, plus about $300-400 cheaper than a popular OEM forged. Snake Eyes rule OEM's are for fool's.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Before wasting your money on all of those OEM brands get someone or yourself to build a set of SnakeEyes 600XC. By far the best feeling cavity back forged iron built to date. I have had several people this year comment on these clubs. Tremendously soft feel but harsh enough to let you know when you've mishit the shot, something you want with a forged club. Very accurate. I've cut 4 strokes off of my handicap this summer down to a 16, plus about $300-400 cheaper than a popular OEM forged. Snake Eyes rule OEM's are for fool's.

Hmmm...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-SNAKE-EYES-FORGED-600XC-CUSTOM-FITTED-MOI_W0QQitemZ120011568827QQihZ002QQcategoryZ115280QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

vs

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NICE-MIZUNO-MX-23-FORGED-IRONS-IRON-SET-REGULAR-R300_W0QQitemZ330032495648QQihZ014QQcategoryZ115280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure I see the 400 dollar difference.....especially if your re-sale is this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Snake-Eyes-Forged-600XC-Irons-3-PW_W0QQitemZ180032360192QQihZ008QQcategoryZ115280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are two sides to every story.

R35

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006

Errrm....shouldn't that be "OEMs are for fools"?

Misuse of apostrophes could also be considered a mite foolish too. ;)

Get Titleist or Mizuno and know what true love is.

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
If you like supporting a company that pulls their equipment supply from retailers who give military men and woman discounts.......

I did not know that. I was on the verge of buying one of their Craz-e putters.

Are you sure they do this?

If so I'll take my USD elsewhere!:usflag:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I did not know that. I was on the verge of buying one of their Craz-e putters.

Are you sure they do this?

If so I'll take my USD elsewhere!:usflag:

Check out the thread "Boycott Ping". There is an article posted in that thread. There was an earlier thread from last week with similar stories if you can find it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.