• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Forgive me, for I have ho'ed yet again

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Well so much for the bag being set. I just couldnt resist these. I have been looking at them about 20 times a day and finally gave in. I really like my current irons except for the height I hit the ball with them. Very hard to keep the ball down. I really need to stop doing this back and forth iron BS, forgiving to players, forgiving to players. Ball striking is my strong suit so hitting these wont be a problem, and as far as looks go, they are second to none. A little paint fill removal and they will be perfect.

Global Golf - Tad Moore Forged Irons

The FS91 forged cavity back irons are the embodiment of all Tad Moore’s years of experience and dedication designing and building the absolute best golf clubs available.

These superb iron heads are hand forged and ground by some of the finest craftsman in Kobe, Japan with centuries of combined experience shaping forged steel into precision instruments. Production tolerances are nearly unparalleled in the industry, and unheard of outside Japan.

Club 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 P

Loft 18 21 24 27 31 35 39 43 47
Lie 59 60 61 62 62.5 63 63.5 64 64
Weight 235 242 249 256 263 270 277 284 291
Offset .14 .135 .130 .125 .120 .110 .095 .085 .075
Bounce 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4 5 6 7

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Heads are $52 a piece Canadian funds.

I need to buy new shafts as well since these are taper tip for some unknown reason and really dont feel like reaming the hosels.

So add another $200 for project X shafts and............................

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Great looking irons, Lyle!! Can't wait to see them once you're done building them!

Now, for penance, build me a Geek/Limey combo as a gift. I'll feel much better about your ho'ing once you've sent this to me. :laugh:

PM me for shipping address.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
since these are taper tip for some unknown reason and really dont feel like reaming the hosels.

Lyle, can you tell us why you don't feel like reaming the hosels? I've talked to a few local clubfitters about reshafting my irons and they always seem to want to ream them to .370 -

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Rick,

The project X shafts dont get tip trimmed anyhow, so there is no point in this case. I will simply buy the PX taper tips. I was originally going to swap my rifle flighted shafts out of my CER heads but then I decided to keep that set as a back up since I hit them really well anyways.
So in this case it just simply isnt worth the trouble.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks Lyle - if they don't get tip trimmed it just doesn't make sense with the PX shafts

other than that, there's nothing wrong with reaming though right?

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
No reaming is fine. You lose a little weight and it is a bit time consuming and messy, as long as you have a proper reaming bit and good drill press everything should be fine.

🔥 Latest posts