• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Forum Software Change

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we will be moving to a new forum software today. The software is much better than vBulletin in my opinion and will allow us to grow larger.

Initially the site will not have a customized style BUT it will within the next two days as I work on making it look like our current setup with the same colors and such.

I'll update this thread when it is done and you guys can give me feedback on what you like, don't like and I'll see what I can do to help you get used to the new setup.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Alright guys, we are moved over. This will NOT be the new theme, this is just temporary. I am working on creating a style that will look very much like the one we had before. Should be done with it in the next day or two hopefully.

It will probably take some time to get used to but I think you will really like this new software, especially once we get it looking more like the ShotTalk of the past.

If you run in to any problems or have any questions, let me know and I will do my best to solve them.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Most of the issues above have been resolved. I'll handle any issues you guy have as you post them up!

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
New site looks interesting!!:)

Thanks. In the next couple of days it should look a bit more like the old one when it comes to colors and such. Feel free to poke around and see how everything works. Let me know if you have any questions.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
thanks Dogfish - I visit everyday but don't post to much - enjoy reading threads. maybe also that i am in SA and most of the time the members post when i'm in bed and other way round.....but its still the best golf forum that i've come across.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I participate in a couple of sites that have switched from VB to Xenforo. It is better software, and cooler bells and whistles seem to be available.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Looking forward to checking out the new software...

Don't have time right at the moment though, have to wait till i get home.

Looks good from the surface though!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Just did some quick looking, is there any way you can open up an option to show the posts in descending order or Newest on top?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I agree with eClark. Generally I just hit "what's new" and go from there. With the current setup there's stuff that appears to be missing from what I'm used to.

I do notice, immediately, that the site is SO much faster. I dig it.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
We have a What's New option as well. See screen shot

Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 10.04.20 AM.png

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While I realize that we're in the infancy of the new software, can you space out the post body from the signature panel a bit more? Maybe it's just me, but I find that it appears to all run together and makes it difficult to read.

See attached example.

Thanks,

R35
Space.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Yes Dogfish, I have been utilizing that. I noticed that when I'm the last poster in a thread, it doesn't appear in the "What's New" option for me. The thread titled Weight Transfer, for example, does not appear there at all on the first page as far as I can tell. This is sensible if it is designed to not show me threads in which I obviously read the most recent posts, since I WAS the last poster. My concern was an error that it wasn't pulling all the recent threads properly.

Dogfish, you look just like Natalie Gulbis!

🔥 Latest posts