• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Found a Surprisngly Great Golf Ball Yesterday!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I was running late to a golf tournament yesterday...and on the way there, I realized I had only one Srixon Zur-S in my bag.

Being well before any golf shop was open....and not wanting to get raped for balls at the golf course, I swung into Wal-Mart and picked up a box of Bridgestone TreoSofts.

Like the Nike Power Distance soft...these played soft and compressed well...Excellent trajectory and distance.

Held up very well in cross wind...resilient cover...

But unlike the lower end hi spin balls (Nike Power Distance, Srixon AD333, Titleist NXT, these bastards gripped the greens great...drop/stop roll was easy...spin back when needed was easy....These did not have as much spin as the Pro-V's (Which is good becasue they spin too much on the greens for me) but these were easilly the caliber of the Z-Urs....

And at $21 a box, a steal.

These may become a permanant fixture n my bag.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks Indacup, I've been wondering about these, now I'll give them a go on your recommendation. But if I shoot a horrible score it's all your fault, :laugh:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I've been wondering for the same ball but had been a little reluctant on trying it since there was no review and I had no choice but to buy the whole 12 piece box. I'll give it a try now after your review and see hgow it works.

Just a question, you say it spins less than a Pro-V1, but how much less? Is it still a "spinny" ball?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Good to hear. What's the marketing for this ball, as compared to the e5+/e6+?

I'm pretty sure it's an out-of-production model (just like the U-Tri Tour balls) hence why Wallyworld is selling them. Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc. are prime dumping grounds for manufacturer stock of last year or older golf balls. They will take and sell loads of them as long as the price is right. :D

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I'm pretty sure it's an out-of-production model (just like the U-Tri Tour balls) hence why Wallyworld is selling them. Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc. are prime dumping grounds for manufacturer stock of last year or older golf balls. They will take and sell loads of them as long as the price is right. :D

I SOOOO hope you are incorrect this time around....LOL

I saw these on Bridgestone website and a few green shops....

I went out today with my wife for a round and I could not believe how these balls stuck to the green.....

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I thought these were newer - replacing the Precept i180 or something - I think Precept will be their ladies brand going forward or something

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I SOOOO hope you are incorrect this time around....LOL

I saw these on Bridgestone website and a few green shops....

I went out today with my wife for a round and I could not believe how these balls stuck to the green.....

I probably am wrong... :laugh:

I didn't see any of them in the Wal-Mart by me but they did have U-Tri Tours, some other older ball, e5+ and e6+ balls. Actually, now that I think of it I do kind of remember seeing a TreoSoft box there... I assumed it was another of the "old" Bridestones or Precepts that Wal-Mart was blowing out.

I have taken to playing cheap balls the past few years and it seems to have stuck. If these were closer to $1 each like the D2 Feels I'd probably give them a go. The Bridgestones are another interesting entry in the $20-$25 doz. market though.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
My home course is so insanely tight with so much water and woods that it just doesn't make sense to play a expensive ball. I'll give some of these new balls a try when I play other courses. Right now I play B330's or E6's in my tournaments.

otakueric

shottalk newbie :)
Apr 13, 2008
I have to agree, I'm the type of guy who buys balls for no apparent reason, and have dozens of new balls at home -- the treosofts play really well and are currently in my shag bag for the chipping green because they resemble the higher end balls very very well.

CosmosMpower

Jun 26, 2008
I don't think these are old/discontinued balls, they just came out a few months ago. I'm glad to see they work nicely, I'm a big fan of the E6+ and the Nike Power Distance soft. I also tried the Top Flite Gamers this past weekend and loved them. It' sgreat to have 2-3 options in the under $20 category (the golf galaxys around here always have $3 off and are as cheap as walmart).

I've read a few reviews that it's a low compression ball that is designed to lower trajectory with more roll. It also features a surlyn cover which is why it feels like a Pro V1 and grabs the green I bet.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.