• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fourth Annual Wisconsin Shottalk (Non-) Outing

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Alright Gentleman, there's no time like the present to start planning it. Give everyone that wants to show up as much time as possible to make plans.

Anyone and Everyone here is invited(bring friends if you want to!).

What: Fourth Annual June Wisconsin ShotTalk (Non-)Outing
When: Sunday, June 1st 2014. Twelve noon(ish).
Where: Glen Erin golf course, Janesville Wisconsin
Why: Why not?
Who: Anyone who wants to

Again I'm up for possible games/prizes/shenanigans if the group decides they would like to do such things. Calling it a non-outing this year because there was some confusion as to how big or what all this thing entailed...this is simply a get together to play golf. No specific format is implied or required. I like getting together with my shottalk brethren and this seems like a good time to do it.

We typically all show up an hour or so ahead of time to hit the range/putt/talk shit, after the round hit the restaurant good food and great company. Prices for both golf and food on this course are very reasonable especially for the quality of the course.

Who's in?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
So from Birmingham through Nashville, I choose IL or IN? 13 hour drive. I would stop along the way going up and coming back and check out a few places. Suggestions?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So from Birmingham through Nashville, I choose IL or IN? 13 hour drive. I would stop along the way going up and coming back and check out a few places. Suggestions?
Idk what IN is like but IL is boring as feck. Unless hundreds of miles of corn is your idea of good scenery...

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Well...down herebouts we know what a still is for.

Indiana has I-65 headed north to Chicago. Im still not over the last trip. UGLY women thataway.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I'm thinking i'd be a lot more down if it's somewhere else. Possibly more centrally located to other Wisconsinites. If people have to drive hours to attend lets make it somewhere really cool like Trappers Turn or something like that. Just my 2.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
If someone can get me from O'Hare I'd consider this, if it coincides with a trip for me over the Pond!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm thinking i'd be a lot more down if it's somewhere else. Possibly more centrally located to other Wisconsinites. If people have to drive hours to attend lets make it somewhere really cool like Trappers Turn or something like that. Just my 2.
Sorry, but 97 dollars a round is too much for me.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Sorry, but 97 dollars a round is too much for me.
That was just an arbitrary suggestion really. Is there anywhere else not so pricey and centrally located? I actually wouldn't even mind the price as it's something I do only once a year. After all, this is not a cheap game we play. I like Glen Erin, but 4 times??? Ultimately, if it ends up there i'll most likely be there regardless because it's more about the company and good time than anything.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
If I'm alive and still walking I'm in no matter where it's at if the price isn't huge. Glenn Erin is a good place. I like the idea of planning it early. If I still lived in Racine I could have given IG a ride from O'Hare. nututhugame lives in Racine. Someday I'd like to see this outing at Waushara CC where it all started years ago. sssmokin and I could run that. I think a lot of the guys (Fitz etc) remember that course. Anyway, my 2 cents.

🔥 Latest posts