• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FOX Sports Trumpets USGA Championship Broadcast Team

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
(This clip might be my favorite from the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.)

It's not too early to think about the U.S. Open coming to Oakmont Country Club in June. It should be a dandy. Carnage everywhere.

FOX Sports had a bumpy start as the USGA's new broadcast partner last year. Minus Greg Norman, they're back and trumpeting the 2016 broadcast team. This year should be better. Fingers crossed.

By FOX Sports

With the start of the 2016 USGA championship season less than one month away, FOX Sports announced its complete on-air roster, featuring the addition of several experienced contributors and highlighted by the addition of World Golf Hall of Famer and two-time U.S. Open champion Curtis Strange as an on-course reporter and analyst.

In his new role for FOX Sports in 2016, Strange serves as an on-course reporter and analyst for the 116th U.S. Open Championship at Oakmont Country Club, the U.S. Senior Open at Scioto Country Club, the U.S. Amateur at Oakland Hills Country Club and the Men's Amateur Four-Ball at Winged Foot Golf Club.

When the U.S. Open returns to Oakmont for a record ninth time, special contributor Bob Ford also joins the broadcast, providing insights and analysis of the course throughout the championship. A name synonymous with Oakmont, Ford joined the club's staff in 1975 and became its head professional just four years later, a post he held until 2013 when he was elevated to director of golf.

Five-time Ryder Cup competitor and veteran golf commentator Ken Brown also joins FOX Sports' U.S. Open coverage this year. The final addition to FOX Sports' 2016 U.S. Open roster is Golf World editor-in-chief Jaime Diaz.

Play-by-play announcers Joe Buck and Shane O’Donoghue, analysts Mark Brooks, Jay Delsing, Brad Faxon, David Fay, Steve Flesch, Natalie Gulbis, Gil Hanse, Juli Inkster, Buddy Marucci and Scott McCarron, studio host Holly Sonders and interviewer Shane Bacon return to FOX Sports’ USGA broadcast team in 2016. Azinger makes his FOX Sports debut on May 24 at the Men's Amateur Four-Ball.

Source: FOX Sports Trumpets USGA Championship Broadcast Team

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
You guys sure hate a lot of people in the golfing media. Might want to update your med package.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
You guys sure hate a lot of people in the golfing media. Might want to update your med package.
I like Holly Sonders.....................and Jim Nance, but I like Jim in a different way than Holly. I like Feherty, Mike Turico. Not much love for Miller, Strange or Joe Buck tho.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I thought he did fine in his first US Open. He didn't make one football reference that I remember.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.