• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fred Couples 3 wood

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
I guess he still plays that Ft-i square way club.
Pretty cool I think.

Like watching current video interviews of the guy.
Doesn’t say much, but seems like there is a wealth of advice in just one or three sentences.

Had an Ft-i driver but did not have enough skill to use it properly. Kinda like now lol.
wish I still had it.
Any drivers or fairway woods you gave up on but now regret?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
GolfWRX Insider: An exclusive look inside the bag of Fred Couples

*So how in God’s name did that 3-wood get into his bag and stay there for going on 12 years? The story goes that Freddie was on the range at 2008 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic at Silver Rock. The Harrison rep at the time was testing shafts with Fred and one of the samples was connected to this square-headed Callaway. Remember it’s 2008 and shaft reps usually had test clubs built up to speed the process up. There is no way Couples is gonna respond to the head beyond asking why it’s square but who cares? After hitting a few Fred turned to the guy and said “I love it,” the rep said, “great so what head do want it in?” Fred replied, “nope, I love the whole thing, thanks.” Here we are today.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Yes! That’s what I read!
Thanks for the reply. I was about to ask admin for a most *crickets* trophy lol

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I enjoyed the Square woods when they were out (except, of course, the Nike SQ which sounded like a Houston Astro clubhouse guy signaling a pitch). The best of the bunch were a brand that did not make it, Simpac. I was never able to acquire one as the brand did not last long enough to get to retail in the US. They had an 11.5 degree strong 3 Wood that I could hit better than any driver out at the time. Never could get my hands on one as it was a prototype.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
The 3 wood in the bag now is yet another old club, a cobra with draw offset.
Since it has virtually 0 dollars value, will keep it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Skulled an 8i into the cup once as well. Haha score cards don’t tell how, just how many!! [emoji6]
There are no cameras on scorecards! Golf is a game of imperfect shots. Skulls... tops... chunks... The most erratic driver in our geezer group is the best scrambler. His favorite saying is "Worst drive. Best score!" I've seen good bounces... and bad bounces... off the cart path, trees, water (yes, you can have a ball hit water and skip right over to dry land), the pin.... Those shots are the stories retold, time after time, in the 19th hole.

🔥 Latest posts