• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Free GPS Caddie for Windows phones

natex14

Oct 6, 2008
I ran across this website I thought I would share with everyone. It's called FreeCaddie and it works on Windows Mobile Devices that have GPS.

This is free, not a gimmick, and I don't work for these people.

Most courses aren't on here, but you can create your own using Satellites, just like most of these GPS people do. I have tried this on several courses, and have been impressed. It's not Skycaddie, but it's pretty good, as long as you take your time and setup the course right.

You can also upgrade for pretty cheap and add a few extras.

You can also use this program for a lot of different things. I set my brother up for hunting on this. My big thing I have done is used this on the driving range. I setup how far the fence is, how far the flags are and so on. Even if you only use this on the range, this is well worth the few minutes it takes you to setup something up.

If you have any questions on this, just let me know.

The few cons I found on this are it uses your batter like crazy. I have a HTC touch with Windows Mobile 6, and it will last 18 holes...barely. I have a feeling if it was a slow 18 holes, you would be screwed. The other part that isn't good is the fact that you have to setup the course. I guess that is kind of good and bad, like I said, you can make your own courses, but you also have to select where the greens are on the actual course. One of the holes I was trying to setup was almost completely covered by trees, so it was very hard to see where the green started and stopped.

Anyway, great tool, great price (free), and it's a lot of fun thinking up new ways to use it.

I also setup the practice green for chipping and pitching. Learning your distances can be priceless.

OP
natex14

natex14

Oct 6, 2008
GPS

Ahh, maybe that is my gimmick, I don't work for this GPS company, but I sell cell phones. lol, just kidding.

🔥 Latest posts