• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Free Ho

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Went to the Philadelphia Golf Show a few weeks ago. Got a coupon for a free SMT wedge. Just came in the mail today and it's pretty sharp. I picked up a 49* since my r7 Draw irons are horribly balanced loft wise.

Its a nice satin finish and the face feels like a Vokey SM. The only thing that is different is the green "filling" that they put in the hosel. I read on the website they fill their wedges with a green or black "filling." To lessen the vibration. Im going to hit it tomorrow so I'll post some pics and a small review about it.

Oh yeah they grip they sent with it was absolutely horrible. It was a slick as ice tour wrap knock off. Then again it was free, well I had to pay for shipping.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
this thread was a terrible let down after reading the title......:prop:

(sweet pickup, btw. WCG would agree with me when i say that free equipment is always great)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I've read some pretty good things about the SMT durometer wedges - the milling on the face looks pretty nice in a lot of the pictures I've seen

the sole might need a little bit of grinding, but for free, I think it's an excellent pickup

A free tour wrap-like grip came with my SMT hybrid head too - I'm not using it, but it feels pretty tacky - surprised to here you say it's slick - did you try washing it off?

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
What voucher wad that? I went and couldn't find my voucher in the goodie bag. I just got the upswing golf one.

JAden

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Its on a full size piece pf paper with some magnet add on the back.

I felt the grip and just cut it off immediately. I like the looks of the wedge and you're right the sole is pretty generic but it still looks good.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
you try this wedge yet?
I see it's not in the signature - can't be a good sign

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
View attachment 7572

View attachment 7573

View attachment 7574

Here are the pictures. Sorry for the delay. I do play it, I havn't updated WITB for a little bit. I'll get right on that.

It's a nice wedge. I probably won't keep it. Im looking to overhaul the bag. Im going to put in the P2 irons that are getting the TLT and MOI match treatment. Then Im going to adjust my wedges according to those irons and not the wacky r7 draws.

It feels really solid, it actually is really easy to hit. Im not sure the swing weight or anything but the head weight feels nice. It drops right down on the ball for me. It's really plain, not that I want soemthing flashy but the sole is blank it's just weird not seeing anything there.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
but the sole is blank it's just weird not seeing anything there.

I never noticed that in pictures before - almost like they're saying "we could have shaped the sole differently - feel free to grind away at it"

can't really see the milling in the first picture - is this thing rough on balls?

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I have a pretty nice sony DSC-W70 7.2 Mp but I can't get it to focus good enough to get to see the milled face.

It definitely looks as though you can grind it, but I don't even want to try that. The grind or lack there of is terrible now that I'm really looking at it more.

It's not too bad. I play the tour fire's and I havn't had any problem with them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.