• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Free Ho'ing trip!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I purchased a FT5 Tour off Ebay which had a rattle inside (with a little help). I emailed Callaway who gave the usal take it to a authorised dealer and they will sort it out through them. I took it to American Golf who sent it back to Callaway for me, this was about a week ago. Today I've recieved a call to tell me that Callaway had rang them to tell them to credit me. This means I now have the full retail 'I paid' to spend on what ever I like from the store. Obviously I got it 12 months ago from a local pro and paid top price for it, well thats my story. :)

I'm off to the store now to have a free hoing session, living the dream!!!!
(this will cheer me up because I hurt my back again on Wednesday so havn't been in a good mood).

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I did a bit of free semi-hoing today. Semi as I didn't already have the same wedge in the loft.

i had some vouchers for my birthday and picked up a Vokey SM 54* wedge and with the little left over got a 3 sleeve of Srixon ZURS to try out.

But I did pop in a bid on a pair of shoes that I in no way need, just liked them - hopefully should get them pretty cheaply.

This is just a filler until the "walking warehouse" gets back from his orgy of spending.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Well that was quite a strange experiance....

Took me ages to spend the £269.99 on anything I wanted. Problem is I've got everything. I thought about a new pair of shoes but I have about 5 pairs already including my Orange Ecco's that I only wear in the nice weather so they've got plenty of life left yet. I took a look at the new Hyper X Tour driver but couldn't demo it even if I wanted to as I've hurt my back (again). I've already ho'd new wedges for 2008 and I'm more than happy with my putter line up, although if they had the new Black Tour i #9 I would have had one of those!

So after a while wondering about like a lossed Sheep I stumbled across the junior section where I saw a few packages and the Callaway one for 5-8 year olds!!! You Beauty!!! My little boy was 4 on the 9th and me being a little short (trying to get out of debt) didn't have a lot to spend on him so I got the Callaway package for him to make up for it. It was £169 a lot of money for a junior package but I only paid just over a ton for the FT5 and it will last him 4 years. He's quite tall for 4 has to choke down a little but he looks Cool with the stand bag on his back! It's a great little package, mini Odyssey 2 ball putter, X Tour driver (made of aluminium), a fairway, hybrid, 9 iron & a SW with Mack Daddy grooves!!! :) His face lit up when I took him down to the golf club yesterday and pulled the box out of the back of the car, priceless. :D

I had £100 left so I got a Callaway Cart bag and a new glove for me and my Shopping trip was done. :)

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Money well spent, good for you and your son. He will enjoy it for years.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Excellent way to spend the money!!!

I'm fixing to buy my step son what should be his last kid set...US Kids Advanced set. Driver/3w/5w/5-PW/GW/SW and a bag. He's 13, but only 4'11...trying out for the middle school team this week. He's currently playing Hagen's, but he's about out of those.

Once he outgrows these, I'm seriously considering having him custom fit for some forged Matlby's if his game keeps improving.

I'm hoping to teach him the right way to buy clubs, not the way I've been doing it! :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online