• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Free ShotTalk.com Android App Is Live!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Functional and useful so far. Loads very quickly. The app may be interfering with other things running on my device. More to follow.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
I just upgraded the software on our server side to the latest version. So if you were having any issues give it another go

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Yep, running clean with no issues. Like it quite a lot. That other app that I thought was getting goofed with was coincidental.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I really like this...I know none of the other forums we sponsor or I visit have anything like this...I would LOVE to get an app as nice of this for my website...where did ya find this?

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Just a bump.. now that I have my Nexus 7 I am seeing graphics that shouldn't be there that didn't show up in my Developer area when submitting. These will be fixed to match the iPhone in the next update. Which will come in the next day or two.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
We have an update for both Android and iOS coming soon.

One thing I wanted to bring up, is that when we have the feature enabled the free version will include advertisements but there will be a one time fee option to remove them. ($5 or so). The apps cost me $40 a month to keep up so it'd be nice to recoup that money if I can.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
The biggest plus to having our own app currently is that people searching for Golf apps on their android or iOS device will find ours. It is extra exposure. The features are not that much different. Most of them you all don't see. I have a lot more control over it for the most part.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I have the app. I've noticed that on "Who's Online", I'm listed as in Tapatalk. Is that normal?

🔥 Latest posts