• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Friday's round, Gambling, and the best shot ever

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I played Friday at a state park course in central New York: Battle Island (Battle Island State Park Golf Course | Battle Island Golf Course). It's not very long, at about 5800 yards, but it is HILLS all day long. I was playing with my normal golf buddy, but we decided to play for some cash...

We were supposed to play Wednesday AND Friday, but he bailed Wednesday, and made it up by doubling the money for Friday's round, and then some.

1$ per hole, AND 1$ per stroke.

I hit the range Thursday and my driving was the worst it's been in MONTHS. I was actually SLICING the ball. So Friday morning I was apprehensive. How silly I was to doubt myself...

I'm up 4$ after the first hole. However, the second hole gave me a chance to hit the best shot I've ever hit (or close to it).

I hit a good drive to the right side of the fairway, but there was a 25ft tall hill in front of me, with the green about 120 yards away, directly behind the hill. I ran up the hill and picked a tree to line up with, went back down, and hit my shot. Looked like it was going right where I aimed it. I couldn't see.

I yelled across the fairway to Josh (my buddy), asking "Where'd it go?"

His reply: "Wow."

Upon further inquisition...

"Wow." He then held his hands up 24 inches apart: I put it to 2 ft, blind, from 120 yards out.

I only hit one BAD shot all day. Ended up winning 16/18 holes, so I was +14$ in holes. +25$ in strokes. And I must have missed at least 8 putts of less than 6 feet for birdies/pars. I also missed many fairway shots slightly right because of underswinging. My game is coming on strong.

Play for money, guys. Golf is so much more fun when there's real pressure.

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Those are the rounds that count man. Keep up the good work.

Jaden

Orenlevy - Your just an ungrateful snot.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online