• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Friends and Golf

shank

Jan 16, 2008
I play by myself at least twice a week. I picked up a few rounds with folks about to tee off and I've enjoyed playing with them. I've found from these quick pairings that some of the folks I though were "expert" players, were really no better than I.
A lot of folks at my club with their own carts and lots of clicks. I've gotten to play with some of them and I've been pleased with the response from most of them (I'm in a rental cart).
I find when I play alone I make better choices on the course. Usually a stroke or three better.
The biggest improvement in my game came after spending about three hours a week at the High School working 100yds and in. I'll bet I've taken 5 strokes off since working on the short game.

OP
MrT

MrT

Jul 23, 2008
yeah I had a good time and by that I mean the competition wasn't there so I was way more relaxed....relaxed in my grip, my swing and even after really bad shots...so I think I will do it more often.....then try and take that confidence when I play with my buddies who are super competitive and see what happens.

Oh and one more question:

Any suggestions on short game practice as this is where my score got a little high...not so much putting...but chipping....:mgw:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Oh and one more question:

Any suggestions on short game practice as this is where my score got a little high...not so much putting...but chipping....:mgw:

I practice on the course, obviously you can't do it on a full course but this morning the course was dead & nobody behind me for at least 4 holes. After I finished the 6th hole, I dropped 4 balls 10 yds off the green & practiced hitting them up. I absolutely hate that type of practice at the range, but on the course it gives me a definite target & I prefer it because it's something I can actually relate to & will use...probably in exactly that spot at some time.

Members online