• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Friggin Great

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Just friggin great, I have a week off work, looking to play as much golf as possible, and what happens? Today I try to hack a ball out of some deep rough and it feels like I pulled a muscle in my chest. I tried playing through it but it got to where I couldn't even make a 3/4's swing without excruciating pain. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how long before I can play again?

:real angry:

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Couple of Advil and a nice single malt will clear that right up. You'll be hackin' it up again in no time!

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Now this is the kind of medical advice I can follow, lol.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
use the RICE method and it might take a day or two. Pulled my Left Tricep hitting a tee shot last monday. By Wednesday it felt like nothing had ever happened.

Evesdad

Jun 18, 2006
broken hand

I bought new clubs and then broke my hand before i even used them! Hand to have month off and then build hand make up a few more weeks before hitting clubs.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
A real man would be back on the course tomorrow....Just Kidding....Couple days to a week. Last summer I pulled a muscle in my leg that was sore for a month. Its a tough break. Does it still hurt? Or how bad does it still hurt?

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, this really $uck$, I was hoping I'd wake up today and feel 100% better, but of course that didn't happen. It's still sore as all get out, and of course, it's a beautiful day outside. Partly cloudy and 85, perfect golfing weather, guess I'll go down to the putting practice green. Lord knows it couldn't hurt my scores. :beach3:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Just keep in mind that a bad "pull" is actually a "tear." You've torn some muscle fibers and they need time to heal. Your body will tell you when it's OK to play again.

Being sore is one thing. Not being able to move your arm more than 3/4 of it's normal range is something else altogether. You can still take the Advil and drink the scotch.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Tiger played through the pain. Man up!

:D

I got kicked in the ribs once in a karate class. Took 6 months before it quit hurting.

On the bright side, when you hit a really bad shot, you now have a ready made excuse.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Tiger played through the pain. Man up!

:D

I got kicked in the ribs once in a karate class. Took 6 months before it quit hurting.

On the bright side, when you hit a really bad shot, you now have a ready made excuse.

Yeah, but he was getting paid to play through it, :laugh:

And don't think I won't be using this excuse for a while, :biglol:

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
yea take the advil and more adult beverages... but eat some bananas b/c it will help fix those pulled and streched muscles

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Well, is it in your chest specifically or in the torso in general?

I pulled/strained/tore the muscles in my ribs on my left side and I was out of commission for just over a month (two full months before I could swing completely pain free).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.