• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

from great to awful in 18 short holes

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Played at Oakbrook CC on Friday. Beautiful course with some of the best greens I've seen. First hole is a dogleg left par 5. I hit a nice drive to the corner of the dogleg, and hit the new hybrid about 20 feet past the hole. The eagle putt slid low, and I tapped for birdie. I'm thinking, "This day is perfect. What could go wrong?"

Fast forward to the 17th. Short par 4, dogleg right. First tee shot goes OB right. Third shot gets pull-hooked into the left trees. 4th shot is a weak punch that lands short of the fairway. 5th shot clips a tree and lands behind another tree 80 yards short of the green. Unplayable. 7th shot finds the back of the green. Two putts for a smooth 9.

:throws self out window:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ouch, sorry to hear that......

But glad I'm not the only one that go from decent to horrible in 2.3 seconds, :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My ball seemed to have a love affair with the tree's yesterday...

TWICE i hit nice clean 6i's right into the only treebranch in front of me to lose distance on the shot....

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I don't even need 18 holes. I had a round a few months ago where I shot a 39 on the front (harder of the two 9s) and then struggled to keep it under the century mark for the round. I pushed a hybrid off the tee on th 11th and then sh@nked the wedge approach shot. The 11th was a foreshadowing of 12-18... :dead:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I had a 53/39 round with sssmokin a couple weeks ago... :(

I love it when the 9s are arranged like that. Well, what I mean is, if I had to shoot a 50+ I'd want it to be the front 9.

A couple of weeks ago I played 36 holes and went out in +11. Something "clicked" on the 9th though and I was only +15 for the next 27 holes. Basically shot my handicap for the three 9s and I'll take that anytime!

Adam14

Apr 11, 2009
My ball seemed to have a love affair with the tree's yesterday...

TWICE i hit nice clean 6i's right into the only treebranch in front of me to lose distance on the shot....

That's the story of my life....I always hit that one tiny branch that sticks out just a little. You could put me in the middle of a desert and plant a tree behind me, and I'd still manage to find a way to either hit it or stop the ball directly behind it.:bang:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
My home course is only 5 years old, lots of little baby pine trees. No more than 2 inches thick. My ball ends up behind them all the time. I'll say, I know I can hit around this tree, NOT! :idhitit:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.