• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Frustrated golf writers and bloggers apply here

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I am going to be upgrading the forum software and purchasing some specialized blog software and I want to gauge the interest out there for my idea.

I want to recruit some of you talented people to write articles on a regular basis for the home page.

Articles must be about golf. Anything about golf....whatever strikes your fancy, equipment, lessons, PGA, rules, anything.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in reply here.

I am thinking about creating a new user group who will be committed to the task and have full access to the blogging software.

Applicants should be able to structure paragraphs and sentences following normal rules of english because I hate it when people write really long sentences and never use a period or a paragraph because it makes it so hard to read and most people will just give after reading just a few words so if you don't think you can sort out your thoughts then don't apply because if you screw up I will kick your ass and I really do not want a full time editing job ok? :D

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'd be interested in writing golf related things. God knows most of my posts are small novels anyway. :laugh:

I think it's a great idea.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I'd umm like to umm, give it a, umm, go. Not sure my writing skills are good enough but I will practice and hopefully get gooder. ;)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Iwoulddefinitelybeinterested notsurehowwellicouldwrite butlikelylewithenoughpracticeimaygetgooder
icon10.gif

Anyway, Im up for it and just for the record it was really hard writing that way...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I would be interested in the blogging software for the PGA show. It might make it easier to post/read than the mulitple post method I used last year. If necesary, I can update the blog year round with my usual rants, photos, and other useless information. :laugh:

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok, cool.....as soon as I recover from a pretty major car repair (or when some more people become pms;) ) I'll buy it in install it.

I'll keep you posted.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot myself. I have the grammatical skills, but I'll have to put forth some effort to come up with the subject material... at least to make it reasonably appropriate and interesting enough that anyone would actually bother to read it... :laugh:

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I would be interested, but could you define "regular basis" for us? I write a monthly column on municipal law for a magazine here in Alabama, but I wouldn't want to commit to something, then be unable to fulfill the obligation.

I hate disappointing anxious, desperate golfers. :)

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I'm going to have to see the software first before I can define 'regular'.

there are several ways to do this. One would be just to create a blog page where everyone who wants to, writes. This page would be accessible to the public at all times and I would pick from there, articles for the front page, updated several times a week.

This is a huge blank slate. You could, if you were so inclined, contact industry sources for interviews, press releases, whatever, as long as you do it under the ST banner. In other words, introduce yourself as a writer for ST.com so on and so forth.

Personal experience, opinion pieces, rules commentary, whatever strikes your fancy.

But as I said, I'll have to have a look at the software first.

NoGimmickGolf

Nov 9, 2007
I'd be interested.

I've been in the golf business for 10 years.

I am currently a PGA Apprentice, PCS Member and give a ton of lessons.

I'd love to help, tell me more!

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Interesting idea.

I have a Journalism degree and would be interested...

Thanks,
Bryan

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok, I sent you all a pm with the blog link. What I forgot to add is you MUST include at least one picture or your blog will not be displayed on the home page.

Thanks.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok......the first one is up.

Quality work by fourputt.

The rest of you aspirants need to get busy. ;)

🔥 Latest posts