• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Frustration at lack of improvement

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I hope that tip works for you Silver, and holds up. I have a completely opposite release: clubface is very open when my hands are near my right thigh in the downswing, then I release by supinating the left wrist. That's what Ben Hogan described in his Five Lessons..... And I don't slice :p

Mediaguru is right, there is a world of difference between a scratch golfer and a pro... Mostly, it is mental.
2005_0226Image0002 (Small)1.JPG

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Interesting Loop, although it probably won't be that helpful to me because the supination of my left wrist is where I tend to have problems. Unless I have an extreme rollover at impact, I tend to leave my hands open. It's always been a problem for me because my right wrist is damaged for life from a car accident from about 5 years ago.

And yes, that's Tiger - not for emulation of the whole swing as much as to be able to visually see "perfect positions" in an iron swing. Believe it or not, of the pros that are available in the system, his swing is one of the most similar to my own so I like to use it for comparison for certain positions throughout the swing.

🔥 Latest posts