• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Frustrations of the Game

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
We've all got our bad days. Without fail, there's always going to be something wrong with your (and mine, and everyone else's) game. Even the pros have it, although it's usually less dramatic. If the driving's good, you can't hit irons. If your ballstriking is great, you can't sink a putt. And if your putter's on fire, it takes you five strokes to get there because of a bad drive. It happens to everyone.

Man up. I got a 21 on the hole, and went on go birdie, eagle, birdie on the next three holes. Then I got a quad. It's golf. :(

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I really like Jeff's thoughts in this thread. Letting go of the bad shots, concentrating on relaxing for the next, not getting down on yourself - these are all keys that the pros have the ability to do (well, most of them anyway).

Analyze your bad shots, then discard them. Remember the good shots and form your shot plan based on the good.

And here's a little trick that has helped me get off the double-bogey train and back to playing bogey golf. Look up at the sky. Literally. Looking up somehow quickly relaxes you, especially when combined with a few deep breaths, and it improves attitude almost immediately. Think about what you see when people are stressed or angry - they look down at the ground. Why, when things are getting better, do you think they say "things are looking up?"

Then again, there's Bravo's "Ass-Clench" method..which might just work for you too.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Its just great until you fart at the top of your back swing. :D

I've farted in the bottom of my swing. Was a terrible drive because I knew it was coming. :laugh:

Really, you gotta just chill.

Oh, also, most of the time everything is wrong. Some of us are lucky enough to have it all come together, it was super dooper.

But as said, more often than not, something is giving us headaches, if not everything. It's the beauty of golf. When you hit a bad shot, don't think about how much you suck, but how much you rock.

Play and act to what you are capable of, and be secure enough with yourself that even if a few shots don't work, you can do well. Just gotta chill out first.

You guys have a girlfriend, right?

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
You guys have a girlfriend, right?

Yup, went to her place to "relax" for the afternoon and watch a movie. And she made me lunch:) I was pretty happy. Good restful holiday monday.

Now im guna go practise.

Moregolf said about using the same routine, I actually do have the same routine on the range and on the course, except on the course I take a practise swing first while im looking and analyzing the shot, then stand behind the ball, deep breath and go into my little waggles and swing.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yup, went to her place to "relax" for the afternoon and watch a movie. And she made me lunch:) I was pretty happy. Good restful holiday monday.

Now im guna go practise.

And I was going to tell you to tell her to shaddup and make you a sammich.

🔥 Latest posts