• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FS or FT: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport MId Slant

jules77

May 21, 2008
This putter is like brand new! I am collector of Ping and Scotty Cameron putters, and let me tell you this is one of the finest putters money can buy. It may have seen the golf course for 10 round or so, and was pampered with baby oil after each round. The finish is immaculate, the loft and lie is unaltered. The shaft band is in tact. The length is 35" I believe. The grip is a red PING grip which is like new, the cameron ones are too rough for me. The headcover ($50+ value) is included at the full price. The newer camerons are generally harder finish materials, and are IMHO less collectable. I need new shafts for my irons, and am having a patio put in at my house so need a little extra cash to get my iron game back on track. I generally never sell a putter, but also don't like putting golf stuff on my CC. One time chance on this one...
I also have the original grip around someplace, and will try to find it for you if BIN is used. Sorry no guarantees....on finding the grip. I would be willing to look at trades for PX original satin 6.0 or 6.5 plus a little cash.

Email or PM and I will send you links to the pictures

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If you don't mind, please post a price. This is not an auction house. Thanks!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
If you don't mind, please post a price. This is not an auction house. Thanks!
Sure it is...and bidding for all Scotty's starts at .01! ;)

Eracer is correct, we do require a price for all items for sale.

Thanks!

BeatlesSteve

Jul 25, 2008
Please excuse my ignorance but are the Cameron putters worth the $$? I play all Titleist equipment but do not have a Cameron putter as they seem to be outrageous.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Please excuse my ignorance but are the Cameron putters worth the $$? I play all Titleist equipment but do not have a Cameron putter as they seem to be outrageous.
Purely a matter of opinion, and a better question for the equipment talk forum than here. It will generate quite a response, and we wouldn't want to clutter up jules' ad.

Do a search for Cameron. Once you've read through it, post the question if you still need to.

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008
How much? I'm already bidding on the same exact model putter on Ebay and you could have a sale for the right price. You're not from Jersey, are you?

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
How much? I'm already bidding on the same exact model putter on Ebay and you could have a sale for the right price. You're not from Jersey, are you?

You really want to send money to someone with 2 posts ?
and why do these scotty's get ping grips on them...add in the cost of a new scotty grip and well....hmmm

OP
J

jules77

May 21, 2008
Im looking for $225 including shipping and insurance. I will say that I am looking to move it quick so make an offer, and try to be reasonable. It's really in exceptional condition for a putter of this age, and one of the best scottys ever IMHO. I love cameron putters, I have 6 of them. My gamer is a studio 5? The convertable mallet model that came out in '05. I have 3 Newports, this just happens to have them most value other than maybe my TEI3 Long Neck. Nothing rolls on fast greens like a Cameron, but they suck on slow ones...

OP
J

jules77

May 21, 2008
My ebay id is hallxam2, 100% positive feedback. It's already on there, if you prefer to buy through ebay. Ping grips just have a better feel and cheaper IMO. I also mentioned that I have saved the original grip, if I get a buyer I'll dig through the boxes and find it... It's brand new full cord scotty grip. Nikon do you have anything nice to say at all? Maybe you wanna rip on my photography skills too?
BTW the pictures don't do it a lot of justice, Im terrible with a camera

and why do these scotty's get ping grips on them...add in the cost of a new scotty grip and well....hmmm

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008

Well, he said "BIN" which I figured meant he had an eBay auction going. I would determine from there if he was trustworthy or not. Thanks for looking out though, buddy. :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Jules, i didnt want to get into this thread but nikon is right.

When your first post is trying to sell a $200+ item and all 4 of your current posts are in this thread its somewhat suspect. The ebay feedback will help, but only if you have delt with some larger deals on ebay and have feedback from buyers.

Just trying to give you a heads up that people really have a hard time trusting others over the net especially when it invovles cash they may never see again.

Good luck with your sale, and nikon might have been a bit abrasive but all with due reason.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
My ebay id is hallxam2, 100% positive feedback. It's already on there, if you prefer to buy through ebay. Ping grips just have a better feel and cheaper IMO. I also mentioned that I have saved the original grip, if I get a buyer I'll dig through the boxes and find it... It's brand new full cord scotty grip. Nikon do you have anything nice to say at all? Maybe you wanna rip on my photography skills too?
BTW the pictures don't do it a lot of justice, Im terrible with a camera

So, you shoulda included that to start with :)
would you trust me in the reverse situation ?

I always say nice things. here's one now: meow :emot-ange !

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
I play with a ping grip on my cameron and about to put one on my new American Classic as soon as it comes in the mail. I have the blacked out ping grips and they feel super good. These are the same grips Tiger uses so they must be pretty good since he is one of the best putters in the history of golf

🔥 Latest posts