• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FS Ping S59 3-PW and Tour W wedges

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm selling the S59's because after a few practice sessions and a few times on the course it has become quite apparent these are not for me (let the I told you so's and I knew it's ensue.) As much as I love the look of these things, I am not a "player". I need game improvement. Being a weekend hacker will just not be as fun when I can hardly ever hit an iron shot.

So, here goes... Ping S59's 3-pw. z-z65 stiff steel shafts. standard length and red dot (1* flat). They're in great shape 8.5/10. Stock Ping grips. $230 shipped CONUS. Offers or Possible trades may be considered.

Also, I have the Ping Tour-W wedges (black nickel) in 52* and 56*. Just bought these brand new. These have the milled faces. The 56* has a small scratch on the hosel from one of my infamous skanks, purely cosmetic though, otherwise these are basically new. $120 for both shipped. If I were going to sell either individually it'd be the 52*.

If somebody wanted the works and offered me $320 for all of it... i'd take it.

Will post pics if anyone is interested or in a couple days.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Solid deal you have going on here. If they were blue dots, I probably would have jumped on them. Have you had a chance to test out the i10's? More forgiveness and they do not look like shovels at address.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Just keep the damn things!

You try them out before the season and swing gets grooved. You get the case of the shanks with the wedges, and then decide to sell the whole kit.

Some shovels aren't going to help you, bud.

Put the clubs back in the damn bag and man up!! ;)

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Just keep the damn things!

You try them out before the season and swing gets grooved. You get the case of the shanks with the wedges, and then decide to sell the whole kit.

Some shovels aren't going to help you, bud.

Put the clubs back in the damn bag and man up!! ;)

I hear ya Fat. Really, I do. Don't think I don't keep telling myself that. Thing is that I took enough swings this winter to not fall too far off. I have played a total of 45 holes now and have had a few practice sessions and it's to the point of not being fun. Simply put... I bought clubs that I am not good enough for. I don't really WANT to go through all this, but unfortunately i've bitten off more than I can chew. If I could practice as much as I need to and want to I may just stick it out, but I don't think i'll be having that opportunity. The wedges I like, but if I get a new set, they'll most likely be stronger lofts so i'll be going back to a 50 and 55 or 54.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Any pics?

Pics.

Pic of the face is PW.
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1636.jpg
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm with Fat. Someone that can hit decent shots with a GI club can hit decent shots with something smaller. A shank is a shank even with a super-shovel.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I swung a few of WBL's S59's & didn't care for them at all. He likes them, why I don't know because I sincerely believe he would do better with some GI super shovels.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I'm with Fat. Someone that can hit decent shots with a GI club can hit decent shots with something smaller. A shank is a shank even with a super-shovel.

and I have hit a few decent shots... and I have hit shanks with shovels too. Be that as it may the fact remains that I hit a lot of good shots with my shovels and have not hit enough decent shots with the smaller. I was confident with my shovels and I am wondering what will happen with the smaller.

I am not saying I want super shovels either, perhaps something in between. Like I should've gotten in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.