• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-i first look

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
well i had to take the wife a child to town. so on the way there i stopped by the driving range and tried the burner vs the FT-i. first thing i noticed was the ft-i was a little more online. i hit both about the same and found i really like the ft-i.

but I'm a little confused about the ball flight. both driver's have the same ball flight with the ft-i having more roll out. i would have thought the the ft-i's flight would have been lower do to the 8.5 loft and xflex shaft. can someone explain I'm really no shaft expert. :shocked:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My guess is that the FT-i is generating less spin.

Glad you liked it. Just wait till you get used to it and you can start rearing back and pumping it.

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Appears many of us are late jumping on the FTi bandwagon but better late then never. Now we'll see how it compares long term to the G10... :)

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
yeah i tried the ft-i last year but i was so happy with the burner i just could not part with it. also all the ft-i's i tried were all stock shafts. the ul-780 is a really nice shaft

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Haven't been able to use my FT-i out in the real world on a course yet, but so far at the range it has been straighter than my beloved Burner. If that keeps up it's definitely going to earn a spot in the bag quickly.

Members online

No members online now.