• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-I, HiBore XL....initial thoughts..

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
the xl has me thinking also....i just wish they had made the tour 1* open.....I think 3* might be too much and the regular looks closed to me. I demoed the sumo2 the other day and thought it was garbage.....if the callaway's had a better price I would pick up the fti but now I'm thinking xl or quadratic.

The FTi is worth the money in my opinion. I've really took to mine. Never mind the high MOI it is really easy to line up squarely to your target which helps hitting the fairway. As Rock says it has a solid strike, I've not noticed any loss of distance when compared to my old FT3 Tour as some people had predicted, Although I have moved down from a 9.5 to an 8.5 degree set up. I've got so used to the square shape already that when I have a go with my mates FT3 it looks odd to me at address, yack round wtf!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Manchester, what is the height like compared to your old ft3? 8.5* compared to what your ft3 was?

I'd say it's very simlar, maybe slightly higher on a well struck shot, same with distance very simlar maybe a little longer on the good ones. The FT3 was 9.5 btw. I'd say if anybody is considering a square driver to get a lower loft to compansate for the increase in back spin. My FTi is also a draw model which might have something to do with the no loss of distance, the draw weighting may reduce the backspin, I'm not to sure on that one though?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If I like the trajectory of my 10.5 Launcher 460, should I try the same in the Hibore XL ?

No, go lower loft like 9.5*. It launches sweet. Lower than the HiBore, but about the same as the Launcher.

That Tour version has me salivating...

R35

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Thanks Rock. I am seriously considering trying one tomorrow. You guys are costing me a fortune.:D

REFLOG

Aug 27, 2006
My XL with NVS 65 Reg should be in on Tuesday!! Can't wait!!

Question:

How will I know if the NVS 65 R-flex is too flexible for me? Cleveland fitter said it was "the" shaft for me after he saw me hit about 10 balls with this combo. He said if it were too flexible I would be overdrawing the ball and possibly even hooking it. None of this occured during my shots. My ss is 108 with driver.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.