• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-I on the way.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Callaway has a promotion going on & I couldn't say no. Saved $100 on an FT-I so this is what I picked up for $119 with shipping. Seemed like a decent enough price. Comes with the headcover also.
FT-i
Hand: Right
Loft: 11°
OptiFit: Neutral
Length: Std
Shaft: Fujikura Speeder 586 Graphite (Factory Installed - Stock)
Flex: Regular

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I saw that email this morning from callaway preownwd. that's a damn good deal. you can probably make some money on it through ebay assuming you don't want it.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Any idea how this shaft plays? And if it sucks how big of a deal is it to reshaft an FT-I? Picked it up because of everyone here who has purchased one ends up liking it a lot & so far I don't recall anyone dumping it after the honeymoon period is over.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Any idea how this shaft plays? And if it sucks how big of a deal is it to reshaft an FT-I? Picked it up because of everyone here who has purchased one ends up liking it a lot & so far I don't recall anyone dumping it after the honeymoon period is over.

IMO, the stock Speeder is dog shit. However, I have a friend that absolutely, without one utterance of a lie, NEVER misses a fairway with his, and he pokes it out there to boot.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

R35

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
IMO, the stock Speeder is dog shit. However, I have a friend that absolutely, without one utterance of a lie, NEVER misses a fairway with his, and he pokes it out there to boot.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

R35

You also swing a hell of a lot faster than I do so that will make a huge difference. Will give it a shot & see what happens, it may end up being a bit light but can't ever tell until I swing it.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The speeder 586 is a soft profiling shaft. For a guy with an 85-90mph swing, a smoothish tempo, and an early to mid release it would be hard to find a better all around shaft.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The speeder 586 is a soft profiling shaft. For a guy with an 85-90mph swing, a smoothish tempo, and an early to mid release it would be hard to find a better all around shaft.

Callaway "made for" shafts are play ridiculously soft to flex right from the factory. They're meant to meet the needs of "the average player", but I've yet to meet this guy.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The 586 in the Ft-i is not a made for shaft, it is the real thing.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I just grabbed up one of these a 1/2 hour ago with the same deal.

Went with a 10* draw version. . .Looking forward to it. It was the longest and straightest driver I had demo'd all year, just couldn't find one for the right price until now

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
So anyone have any issues when reshafting? No good local shops around here emailed Callaway for suggestions and tey said it would void any warranty.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
The 586 in the Ft-i is not a made for shaft, it is the real thing.

I just grabbed up one of these a 1/2 hour ago with the same deal.

Went with a 10* draw version. . .Looking forward to it. It was the longest and straightest driver I had demo'd all year, just couldn't find one for the right price until now

I checked out the shaft a bit before I pulled the trigger & discovered as Lyle mentioned that the 586 isn't some watered down version. My swing speed is low 90's so it should suit me well.

Lotta, I have never swung one of these. I did have an FT-3 neutral tour edition & when my swing was on that club was awesome. Unfortunately my swing isn't always on & when that happened the club was dreadful.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
When I demoed that last summer I tried every shaft they had. The 586 was my second favorite after the blueboard of course ;)

I hated the Oziks :(

Girly man that I am.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've only had the 686. With Callway's stock 45.75" shaft it was generating the fastest swingspeeds of anything I've had. Up around 108-109 compared to 104-105 with a 44.5". Good luck with it. I personally didn't think they were all that. When I blocked the FT-i tour it was off the planet blocked. I just couldn't get comfortable with the thing, seemed to negate sidespin. I couldn't cut it when my swing was off.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.