• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-i Tour LCG, I want to ho, but should I.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Seems many here really like the FT-i. I want to try one, but being lefty, my chances are limited. I came across a used one on Ebay. It is the LCG model with an Xcon-6 shaft. From reading old threads it seems that's a pretty good shaft.

My questions:

Is the LCG much different than the standard FT-i Tour? I want a high launching driver.

There's not a very good picture of this thing in Ebay. I'm an Ebay novice, should I be concerned? About condition? If it's authentic?

The description says it's like new. Anybody have an idea what a good price for this thing might be?

Pretty newbish questions, I'm sure, but I'm fresh off the bus when it comes to hoing. The English major in me even wants to properly place apostrophes in the word.

I want to ho, but should I?

FT-i Tour LCG on Ebay

Kevin

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
low price, low feedback and no actual pics of the club...doesn't look good to me. I'd send him a message and ask for actual pics of the club including face, sole, crown, shaft, and grip. Also, if these have a serial # (someone help me out here), ask for it and call Callaway to confirm this is a real club.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
There should be a serial number engraved on the sole just under what Callaway has for a hosel.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You can pick them up brand new now for $200 and used for around $150 in good shape. And YES you should try one of these things. Shop around some more, like at Callaway pre-owned or here at Global Golf (pro shop above)... :) And you don't need the tour version if you get the "neutral" model. The only other difference with the tour version is it comes with the Speeder 686 shaft instead of the Speeder 586 shaft (heavier).

I wouldn't touch any E-Bay stuff with your money!!! :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That auction looks fine. The feedback indicates that he sells golf stuff, and the fact that he's pointed out that the grip is a Tour Velvet from Callaway is a good sign (Normally fakes don't have that on the butt end).

If you can get it cheap, take a stab at it. My guess is that his reserve is $175 tho, so you might wanna start searching elsewhere. Lefty FTi-s can be had for less than $150.

R35

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
That auction looks fine. The feedback indicates that he sells golf stuff, and the fact that he's pointed out that the grip is a Tour Velvet from Callaway is a good sign (Normally fakes don't have that on the butt end).

If you can get it cheap, take a stab at it. My guess is that his reserve is $175 tho, so you might wanna start searching elsewhere. Lefty FTi-s can be had for less than $150.

R35

Thanks for the responses guys.

Rock, I was reading old threads and keep thinking about you saying how your friend was killing the ball with that club and shaft.

I spent a fair amount of time searching on-line for one last night, and can't find any with that shaft. Other than new at Lefties Only for the LCG for $199.95. If the reserve is that high I would probably go with the new for $25.00 more. Then I know for sure what I'm getting, and Lefties Only has treated me well through the years.

Is the LCG much different than the regular Tour model?

Kevin

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The LGC is higher launch, considerably. Low spin, but high launch. The best of both worlds.

If you can get a new one with the XCON, that's a great price at $200. Most of them with that shaft are mid 200's. The Speeder is what I see at $150, but I'd cut that POS out of there anyways. :D

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The Speeder is what I see at $150, but I'd cut that POS out of there anyways. :D

R35

What? That is a great shaft! When you get old you'll realize that. :D

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Well, the Ebay FT-i is sitting at $89.95 and closes tomorrow about midnight my time. The reserve has been met. Stopped in two Golf Galaxy stores over the last two days to see if they had a new one in lefty as they are selling them for $199.99. Neither had a lefty LCG with the Xcon 6.

The portly unpleasant fellow at the store right near my house informs me that they will never get a lefty LCG with the Matrix shaft in the store, and why would I want one because the Speeder in the regular FT-i is a much better shaft.

He says Matrix shafts are just the flavor of the month, and Matrix is only doing what Fujikura has been doing for ten years. Seems opinons here differ.

He and I don't get along, the fat little bastard. I hate Golf Galaxy.

Kevin

Deer Leg Bone Putter

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Buy from Callypreowned. great service. I bought a demo from the local shop for $170 in good shape. very nice driver for a steal.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, the Ebay FT-i is sitting at $89.95 and closes tomorrow about midnight my time. The reserve has been met. Stopped in two Golf Galaxy stores over the last two days to see if they had a new one in lefty as they are selling them for $199.99. Neither had a lefty LCG with the Xcon 6.

The portly unpleasant fellow at the store right near my house informs me that they will never get a lefty LCG with the Matrix shaft in the store, and why would I want one because the Speeder in the regular FT-i is a much better shaft.

He says Matrix shafts are just the flavor of the month, and Matrix is only doing what Fujikura has been doing for ten years. Seems opinons here differ.

He and I don't get along, the fat little bastard. I hate Golf Galaxy.

Kevin

Deer Leg Bone Putter

That fat man at the shop can suck my wang. I would appreciate if you would never buy from that shop ever again because that guy is a grade A moron.

Buy from Callypreowned. great service. I bought a demo from the local shop for $170 in good shape. very nice driver for a steal.

This is a great alternative. CP has some great pricing, and FANTASTIC customer service.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online