• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-i tour update

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I have had this reshafted by Ken from Victory Custom Golf. I believe I made an excellent choice to send my club to Ken. Excellent communication, excellent quality of workmanship. I would recommend him for all your golf equipment needs.

I felt that the Creation 65 I had in here before was a perfect shaft, and it really delivered, but only when I swung at near 90-100%. That's just too much to ask all the time.

Gone is my mid-height, penetrating trajectory. It has been replaced with a higher launch and even less spin, leading to an even flatter trajectory.

The club is built to the exact specs I wanted, d3/d4 SW, 44.5", 1 extra wrap of tape. Through trial and error I have found these to lead to the best contact for me. I prefer the heavier 78 gram shaft over the 65 as well.

My first shot with this club just now was a 5 yard cut. The second was a 3 yard cut. Both shots carried 260+, which is my usual distance. Every swing resulted in a good shot. No mishits at all - one little push, but it got a good kick back into the fairway. When I decided to step it up and see what the shaft could handle, it gave me a 5 or 6 yard draw that ended up just left of the green on a 290 yard hole.

I am very very happy with the reshaft so far. We'll see how it goes when I play tomorrow and friday.

Bonus points to anybody that can guess the shaft.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Think cheaper. Very simple and classy (IMO) in appearance.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
You pulled the shaft out of your Hammer and put it in the FTi?

POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The new smartie colour.:thumbs up:

I love that shaft. I'll have another one in the bag, I know it. Super solid and you can just rip at it.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oh, I know. I can't understand why more people don't play this shaft. I think it would be awesome in a Launcher 460.

Is this a shot? :wow: :D

I had a Launcher with a Graf Blue. Longest driver I've ever hit - bar none. Why I sold it, I'll never know.

I had a notion about two months ago to built another combo. I'm gonna wait for the new Launcher to go cheap and try that.

R35

Members online

No members online now.