• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT Tour VS FT "Tour Issue"

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The only difference may be the internal weighting due to the "Tour Issue" coming off the Tour truck. Most of those heads are "experienced", as they've been tuned to a staffers game and rejected in favour of another setup.

So, unless you know that you need 8 grams of rat glue in the heel of your driver head, and that's what you're getting out of the Tour head you are buying, you're better off getting a retail head and making the adjustments yourself.

R35

OP
MercMan

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks Rock
Can't figure out why they are selling for so much on E-Bay, I thought maybe the face was slightly thicker or something like that. I am glad I bought mine from Golftown out of the demo bin on boxing day for $125.00!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's just the novelty. But, there's always a market too. If someone is gonna give you $400 for your pants, just because you farted in them, you damn well sell them your pants.

R35

OP
MercMan

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
Rock where are you in Canada?? I am in Vancouver. Also read on some of the posts you were playing Bridgestones!! I use a set of Precept Forged Perimeter weighted II with Brunswick 6.5 FM, I love them, bought a back up set on ebay for $66.00, but I have to replace the shafts

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm out in Saskatchewan.

Bridgestone?

I had a couple J33 hybrids a while back, but I've never bagged BS. I played B330S's for a while a few summers back too. Where did you read that I was playing Bridgestone? I have drank a lot of beer in my day, maybe this was a black out period...LOL...

R35

OP
MercMan

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
I probably misread it as the j33 hybrids, my mistake, must be damn cold in Sask rite now, BRRR, played yesterday at Riverway in Burnaby, frost delay and a little chilly, but a beautiful clear sunny day

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Thanks Rock
Can't figure out why they are selling for so much on E-Bay, I thought maybe the face was slightly thicker or something like that. I am glad I bought mine from Golftown out of the demo bin on boxing day for $125.00!!

There are a lot of people out there with money to burn that will pay for "tour authentic" or "tour van" clubs. Doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever!

OP
MercMan

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
I do have a laugh when I see or play with a group of guys that have all the latest and greatest, all decked out in their Nike "Tiger Woods" clothes, then can't hit it past their shadow.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I probably misread it as the j33 hybrids, my mistake, must be damn cold in Sask rite now, BRRR, played yesterday at Riverway in Burnaby, frost delay and a little chilly, but a beautiful clear sunny day

It's cold, but it's above normal for now. Expecting -27 this weekend. Tee times should be WIIIIIIIDE open....:D

R35

OP
MercMan

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
Break out the long johns, n Fire up the snowmobile lets go golfing!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
There are a lot of people out there with money to burn that will pay for "tour authentic" or "tour van" clubs. Doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever!

Yup, just do an ebay search for closed listings like this: Taylor Made, Tour issue.

You will find heads, irons, shafts etc selling for CRAZY prices. Even the old R7 425TP Tour issue you can still get around $100+ for just the head. Some are cool though, they have the head in plastic and the specs on the crown-still not worth the extra coin though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.