• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT3 Has been ditched to the back up bag!!! Hello Swoosh!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I've ditched the FT3 Tour! It's takin a back seat in my backup / spare bag. I played with Barkz on thursday and hit it fairly well but boy did I suffer with it on my away day Friday. Not one good drive all day, just kept leaking to the left. I played with a pal of mine who has a VR STR8 fit driver... towards the end of the round I decided to have a go of it as I had lost it with the FT3. Well I smashed it straight down the middle on the 3 drives I used it for! I found out later it's only set up 1 degree open. I've borrowed one from my Pro with the PX6.0 shaft and I used it on Saturday and today. I hate the sound but love the way I can go after the ball and hit it straight or with a slight cut. Gonna wait until the new Nike drivers come out and get a deal on one of these.... 15 positions with an open face, got to be the perfect one for me in there!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
MG, your reference to the PX shaft indicates you tried out the VR Tour driver with the 420cc head (non str8fit)? The Str8fit comes standard with the Voodoo shaft.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
No it was STR8 Fit. I just went for the PX shaft out of his fitting cart as I thought it would be the lowest spinning shaft he had, the others being the VR Voodoo and Axic Core for Nike shafts.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
No it was STR8 Fit. I just went for the PX shaft out of his fitting cart as I thought it would be the lowest spinning shaft he had, the others being the VR Voodoo and Axic Core for Nike shafts.

You're getting a good driver there MG. The VR Str8fit is a bomber.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Good to see the old MG back. It makes us part time ho's feel better.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

LOL, it's getting harder to be a HO nowadays. Things just aren't moving on ebay like they used to!

Glad to see you back as well!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Agreed. I rarely reply to these threads anymore because by the time i'm done typing, he's creating another thread about his next driver.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Agreed. I rarely reply to these threads anymore because by the time i'm done typing, he's creating another thread about his next driver.

R35

What can I say I have trust issue's with drivers and Women.... the longer you keep them the more likely they are to let you down!!!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
LOL, it's getting harder to be a HO nowadays. Things just aren't moving on ebay like they used to!

Glad to see you back as well!

Tell me about it, I have a tour bag full of drivers, wedges and putters I've listed which havn't sold.

Clug;- It's not the Indian, it's the arrow,,, thats what I tell myself when I click the 'commit to buy' button :)

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
You're getting a good driver there MG. The VR Str8fit is a bomber.

Which one do you have and which shaft do you use. I'm really likeing the one I've borrowed. The PX 6.0 shaft wether it's a made for or not has a nice solid feel and seems to launch fairly low with low spin, hard to tell exactly as he only had a 10.5 degree head for me to try... I'd like to try it on a 8.5 or 9.5 degree head instead to get a better idea. My little lad wants me to buy it because the shaft looks cool... he said it looks like blue fire.

Barkz

Aug 26, 2010
Which one do you have and which shaft do you use. I'm really likeing the one I've borrowed. The PX 6.0 shaft wether it's a made for or not has a nice solid feel and seems to launch fairly low with low spin, hard to tell exactly as he only had a 10.5 degree head for me to try... I'd like to try it on a 8.5 or 9.5 degree head instead to get a better idea. My little lad wants me to buy it because the shaft looks cool... he said it looks like blue fire.

I'll have the Nike off you when you've had enough of it pal

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'll have the Nike off you when you've had enough of it pal

Haha, You'll want to get one when you see how much father than the FT3 it goes. The FT3 is long out of the screws this is long all over the face.....

....and have you seen the new Nike Pro Combo irons yet? Might have a set of them at the start of next season. I'll have to play Winter league to win some money towards them though.

Barkz

Aug 26, 2010
Haha, You'll want to get one when you see how much father than the FT3 it goes. The FT3 is long out of the screws this is long all over the face.....

....and have you seen the new Nike Pro Combo irons yet? Might have a set of them at the start of next season. I'll have to play Winter league to win some money towards them though.

Nope not seen them as yet. I'm sure I will see them in your bag at some point though and when you then pull one left they will be up on the bay and I will be bidding.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Tell me about it, I have a tour bag full of drivers, wedges and putters I've listed which havn't sold.

Clug;- It's not the Indian, it's the arrow,,, thats what I tell myself when I click the 'commit to buy' button :)

Seriously, I have a set of irons and a 3w on ebay now and nobody is even really looking at it!

🔥 Latest posts